“Tasty Italian with a nice garden”
Review of Prezzo - Brentwood

Prezzo - Brentwood
Ranked #39 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$61 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Tasty Italian with a nice garden”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Nice Italian food with a pleasant outdoor eating area. Located centrally and not far from the station

Visited July 2014

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Bland, bland and more bland”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place is noisy. I know, I sound so old, but call me old fashioned if you will, I like to be able to chat to the person sitting next to me as well as the one sitting opposite. To be honest, this place is full of ladies in big groups (that I saw anyway), the food is cheap but that's the only positive.

Admittedly, we had the set menu due to the size of our party. If you have a wheat intolerance, don't bother. From what I could see, the main ingredient is bread, pasta or something deep fried. Oh and Caesar salad. Thank goodness for the chilli oil as the food had very little flavour. The tomato sauce with the mozzarella starter had no distinguishing flavour at all. The pizza was OK, crispy but lacking in topping and the dessert was so sweet I don't think one person finished it.

The wine arrived promptly but was not flowing, where the bill could have been pushed up if Prezzo wanted to make more money. On top of that, it was mighty hot and with no air con, we were melting - not their fault one could argue.

I guess the staff were hot, but they certainly couldn't be bothered. Not unpleasant but not really interested either. Won't be rushing back.

• Visited July 2014
Romford, United Kingdom
“The Usual Prezzo Experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Family birthday, and had been to another branch, so thought we'd try a different location. Nice atmosphere & decor. The staff were all attentive & the food was good, all served in a timely manor. Would probably go again sometime

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Second Visit”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my second visit to Prezzos in Brentwood with a friend. The food was well presented and tasty. However, not that filling although the plates were not meanly filled. I could have done with more than one scoop of vanilla ice cream despite the "free" coffee with it. Staff kept asking if the food and meal was ok, I wondered why had someone complained before and they were double checking.

Nearly fell over the step going out - and no I had not had too much to drink the step broke off as I stepped down - very close to seeking compensation claim had I really hurt myself and I could have done.

Looked clean but on closer inspection needs a bit of a sweep please.

• Visited June 2014
London
“Food always good”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Four of us visited Brentwood Prezzo on a Tuesday evening. Busy but not full. Ordered a variety of starters, mains and desserts - all of which were very tasty. The staff were friendly and the restaurant and toilets were very clean. Only negative was that we were not asked if we would like coffee, staff just carried on clearing up the restaurant getting ready to close; this made us ask for the bill! Have always found the food to be consistently good whichever Prezzo we have gone to.

• Visited May 2014