“Tudors Restaurant”

Price range: US$0 - US$106
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The restaurant provides 3 different menus at 3 different prices. We ate off the a la carte and set menus. Both were excellent. The waiter we had had fantastic knowledge and helped to advise what to choose!!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went with friends for afternoon tea we had pre-ordered one vegetarian when food arrived I asked for the vegetarian at which point the food was whisked away saying we only were allowed 4 finger sandwiches each so some had to be taken off? All very unprofessional we then had to ask for the wine menu as were not asked if we wanted champagne or drinks ? Sitting next to a shelf my husband noted the amount of dust on the shelf being asthmatic this was extremely bad !! The food was very nice however we could have eaten more sandwiches though. The service as noted before in reviews very poor not asked once if it was okay either we did leave a tip however but again not thanked. Not sure if I would return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went here for a Sunday roast lunch, the atmosphere/building itself was just lovely and impressive but the food and service wasn't great. I would recommend people go and have a look at the beautiful setting of the restaurant but perhaps eat their roasts elsewhere.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I took my mother and 12 friends for afternoon tea , we had it in the Restuarant section.
ordered a couple of bottles of wine ,which took an age to arrive, in fact the second bottle had to be opened by ourselves.
The service was non existant, we had to go and get the waiters for more tea, whether this was because they were short of staff I do not know .
I decided to email the manager expressing my disappointment , but he has not had the decency to reply ( 3 emails)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I took his parents to the Tudor Restaurant to celebrate his father's 80th birthday. The food was excellent and enjoyed by us all. There are a couple of small reasons for not giving the restaurant five stars. When I made the booking I mentioned that it was my father in laws birthday and again when our wine was poured we toasted him in front of the waiter and it would have been nice if some acknowledgement had been made to him of the fact that it was a special occasion. Three of us ordered from the menu du jour and one from the a la carte. The a la carte menu included an amuse bouche of a very small cup of lobster bisque. It was quite strange to have one person given the amuse bouche while the other three sat there with nothing. If they are going to offer both menus perhaps it would have been a nice touch to give the amuse bouche to all four of us. However would definitely return and would recommend this restaurant to others.