“Back again!”

The Plough Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 157 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I said in a previous review that I'd be coming back here to eat...and I did! Warm welcome, fantastic service and top food! Loved it! Definitely coming back again... must try

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ryan C

“Fantastic find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Brilliant evening had yesterday at The Plough. Warm welcome with a great menu. Enjoyed the food very much and the attention from the staff was perfect. Met the owner who was very polite and welcoming. Great place to eat on a regular basis. Good find!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kevin B
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Very good food, great service! I would recommend it to anyone to try this lovely bar & restaurant. I go to the Plough quite often with my wife because we really enjoy the food they make. I would also suggest that you don't leave the restaurant without trying the homemade desserts.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sylul
North Cardiff
“Dressed up Pub Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Very disappointed with The Plough, as expectations were high. Firstly staff were pestering us to take a drinks order. Starter of Asparagus with poached egg was the biggest rip off I have experienced, three skinny pieces of asparagus with a poached egg and some cress £7, I did complain to the waitress who said she would tell the chef of my disappointment, I am still waiting.
The main meal of pork was ok but nothing special on dressed up pub food. My wife's tempura battered prawn starter was also disappointing, as the batter was quite greasy, message for chef go to Australia to learn how to make tempura batter. On leaving the owner who behind the bar couldn't even thank us for our custom or bid us good night. Learn from this message or your customers will go elsewhere. Whish I had my Iphone with me to take a pic of the asparagus starter.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Daio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value for an average meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I ate here with my husband a couple of months back during a week day lunchtime. I have never been before and found the surroundings to be modern, clean and well decorated. I had the Liver Parfait to start, which was very bland and tasted of nothing, although the steak pie I had for main was very good. Service wasn't overly attentive, but also not the worst I've had. Lunch menu is great value, but I would never choose to eat here of an evening as the menu seems to be exactly the same for the evening but at a higher price. Overall a very average experience, although I would give this restaurant another go.

• Visited February 2013