“Lovely Sunday Roast”

The Plough Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 157 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday Roast”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Came here last Sunday for the first time and was very impressed. There were 7 of us and we were seated within 30 minutes. The staff were very friendly and professional and the roast dinner (I had lamb) was the best I have had in Brentwood by far. Will definitely be coming back.

2 Thank Noodles1990

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Exceptional everytime!!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I love this place! I keep coming back because the food briliant the service amazing and the restaurant itself is beautiful! I highly recommend this restaurant! Must try eaterie!!! Ill be coming back again!!

2 Thank criticAA
Essex
“First Class and decent value too”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We visited the Plough again Friday evening and once again it was friendly, efficient, comfortable and overall a first class experience.

We had a bottle of Prosecco at the bar and a bottle of each of the house red and white and a further glass of each - that's 3 bottles of wine and 2 glasses. All 4 of us had a starter and 2 servings of extra toast for the pate and the camembert and we all had mains plus a few vegetable side orders, tapwater and a coffee for me.

All the food was delicious and plentiful, the service and personalities were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. At one point I noticed that I had dropped something (red wine?)down my shirt and whilst I was trying to dab it off I was handed (unbidden) a napkin soaked in white wine by the manager (owner?) with the advice that it would stop it from staining. Service over and above in my opinion!

The cost was just £167 and at about £42 per head I think this is excellent food and good value so I am surprised that more people were not there. The place was probably 70% full but strangely empty by about 10.15 on a Friday? I know that Sunday lunch is often packed and that they offer a 2 course lunch midweek for £10.95 per head so if you want a local, reliable restaurant serving great food at decent prices I think this is unbeatable. Just go!

2 Thank travelproEssex
Billericay, United Kingdom
“sunday roast”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

polite staff , served quickly , even tho very busy , no roast beef available , shame , the roast dinners should have included honey glazed parsnips , none on the plates , there were three of us , I asked about them to be told they had run out , why didn't they say so when we placed the order ? , my roast pork should have come with crackling again -absent so I asked why , the waitress managed to find the last portion in the kitchen , ok great but why wasn't it on my plate when I was served ?
felt the puddings were excessive at £6.00 each , I must the Black Horse does a far better roast for £9.95.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jon123_12
Essex
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

When the Plough first opened we went several times as it is very close by and it was very good. Then other places popped up and we went further afield and, for some reason, we stopped going. However we have been twice in 3 weeks recently and it remains there doing what it always did - excellent food at reasonable prices.

Be clear - this is NOT a pub. It is a restaurant that happens to be in a building that was ONCE a pub. So please don't expect 'pub grub' - it is far better than that. Starter and main for 2 people plus wine was about £60 which is fine by me. Sunday lunch for 3 recently was a little more but excellent value (£14.95 pp I believe).

I will start going frequently again, even if it is nice to ring the changes sometimes.

• Visited September 2013