“The Plough - Mountnessing”

The Plough Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Essex
“The Plough - Mountnessing”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Been a few times now and think this is a very good place to eat.

Today went in for lunch, was only table and 7 of us. Calamari and Prawns for starters were great. Fish and Chips and Scampi were equally as good.

Service was fine and fast, drinks were great, desserts seemed just as good although personally, I didn't have one due to the size of fish and chips!.

Kids meals are excellent value and very good sized portions.

Pub gets very busy at night and at weekends but this is obviously a good sign. Adaquate parking but again, gets busy at peak times.

Difficult to top this place at the moment.

2 Thank Rosa_Family

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“The worst place I've ever eaten in.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you go for bland food in badly designed, cramped, characterless restaurants with no atmosphere, then this is the place for you. And if struggling to find a parking space in a tiny car park, and eventually finishing up parking in the main road is how you like to start your evening, then you're on a win double. I thought I'd seen the experts at ruining good pubs at work after seeing how, after refurbishment, the George and Dragon, a few hundred yards down the road, had been transformed from one of the best pubs in the area, to one you would only go into if everywhere else was shut, and their beer was free. But The Plough has outdone the G & D. Until I visited I wasn't even aware that Ikea did pub makeovers. Compared to The Plough, Wetherspoons are old English country pubs.

2 Thank AmericanBeer
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing service, food good but not outstanding”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went to the Plough for a family meal. The service was outstanding and so we're our desserts (amazing choc brownie). Sadly, I don't think I would describe the main courses as outstanding. I had mushroom linguine and it was a tad tasteless. I'm a vegetarian though so perhaps meat eaters would fair better. The rest of the family thought the food was nice but not exceptional. Our main gripe was the lack of space. Our table for 5 was really meant to seat 4 and we felt cramped.

1 Thank VJW322
Essex, United Kingdom
“Excellent ”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with a recommendation from a friend food was beautifully cooked and very well presented as soon as you waked into the restaurant it was nicely decorated and we'll set out had the 3 courses for around £15 was very reasonable for the quality of food drinks were a reasonable price would recommend this restaurant top quality

1 Thank Lyly90
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“the burger was ok..”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Went for a revival lunch as we had intended to go to Felixstowe but the traffic was against us, so to the Plough . He chose a burger with chips and side salad and my main choice was salmon prawn and avocado salad. Took a while but no problem. His burger looked good, but he had more salad on his plate as a side than I had as a main! Mine comprised a few flakes of salmon and some prawns and less than half an avocado with some leaves, one cherry tomato cut in half and a few strands of onion! My gallant partner gave me his side salad with 2 cherry tomatoes. Hooray! Could I have a few of his chips? -well, when we looked they were nicely cooked but most of them looked as though they were the end of a bag of chips. We shared the few fat ones and left the scraps. Disappointing, and very noisy. Had to shout to chat across the table.