“Very Decent indeed”

The Plough Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 157 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Very Decent indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I went here for lunch last Saturday with my wife and newborn son, it was our second visit here, both times were fantastic.

The staff are friendly and welcoming, and also very polite - something a lot of eateries seem to forget about now.

The lunch menu was good value, the food came out well presented and very tasty indeed. We had three courses in the end. I will definitely come back with friends next time and would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

2 Thank bdt1978

London, United Kingdom
“Very average and too expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Felt very let down with the place. The food was very mediocre. The service was quite good and friendly but there was nothing here that would bring me back in a hurry, certainly not the prices, expensive for a run of the mill boozer turned into a restaurant.

2 Thank s w
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Suprise find close to the A12”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Decided to shelter from the downpour and have a coffee and happened on The Plough. Excellent décor, friendly and hospitable staff. I didn't eat on this occasion but browsed the menu and would definitely make the effort to come back for a meal

2 Thank Jane P
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
“Very good Sunday Roast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My first visit to The Plough and it will not be the last. My friend and I had the Sunday roast (lamb) and it was excellent. Followed up with the Sticky Toffee Pudding with Banana Ice Cream - the best I have ever had. Jolly good well priced Rioja complimented a meal that had first rate service too. I shall return.

2 Thank mevers
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I went for dinner with 5 friends last Thursday evening, we had a round table which was great.
Good spacing between tables, very airy and cool which was lovely as it was a very warm
evening. no trouble parking in the spaces provided in front of the restaurant. I had tempura
prawns as a starter which were delicious and their homemade hamburger with chips as the
main course. The hamburger was extremely tasty and the best I have tasted. The service
was excellent. My friends also said their food was excellent and we all had different meals
from the menu with no complaints. I have visited the Plough on many occasions both for
lunch and dinner and have always had excellent service and food. Their set 2 course lunch
for £10.95 is also recommended which is great value.

• Visited July 2014