“Follow up!”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
London, England
“Follow up!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is my second review of the Tower Arms. Following my initial review, I was staggered to find a response from the management that was not only aggressive and rude, but completely dishonest! They effectively accused me of lying, which was absolutely not the case. If you look at their responses to other reviewers, you will get the measure of this place. What a disgusting, bullying attitude.

I just wanted to say that I am very pleased (and not at all surprised!) to hear that this place has now been closed. Like the poster below, I hope that this pub re-opens with new management. It is a beautiful building in a gorgeous location and deserves far better.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank AnnaMariaB87
pubtastic, Owner at Tower Arms, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank our genuine customers over the last 2 years and also acknowledge the kind letters and flowers sent to us over the last month.

The hate campaign launched over the last few months by a group of people who I will not publicly name just yet, has been upsetting but we have held our heads up high and ignored them as much as we can. Our lawyers are dealing with the issues surrounding the cyber abuse and the culprits behind this will be brought to justice and exposed eventually. People who have read the latest press releases can make their own minds up on that one. I just hope no other operators ever have to suffer such abuse

Our 2 new restaurants open around Easter and the thousands of customers on our data base will be advised.

With regards to the future of the pub itself we have been advised by the landlord that due to him
not getting respectable returns on his investment due to the value of pub assets dropping drastically over the last 5 years ,he has to look at alternative methods which are yet undecided

“Disgusting Customer Services”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

As you will see, I have already left an honest review, however wanted to provide an update.
After posting my review, I received a shocking response from whoever is in charge of their Trip Advisor logs. It included calling me undesirable names and swearing at me.
After trying to explain why I made my complaint, I was then given a load of rubbish about how he was a great businessman and knows how to run a pub, and that I am basically lying.

I now see that the place is closing down, and I truly hope it is just to get rid of the people who currently run it and not to replace the pub itself.
It is a stunning building in a great location, and it deserves better ownership....it shouldnt be turned into housing or a supermarket!

2 Thank Redwez
“Beware. Management lie in responses”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner dined in December, we didn't have a very good experience and I wrote an honest review about that. This is precisely what Tripadvisor is for. I am not part of a witch hunt or wish to sabotage anyone's business.
A few days later we read the response from the management and were completely shocked. Every point that has been made is a complete mocking lie. We were not told any of what they state, we did not have items removed from our bill and we did not make complimentary remarks they claim we did. The entire response is fabricated. I imagine this has also been done to other people. Reading the responses they have put together for other reviewers is quite frankly appalling and lacks any care for customer service.
I was also contacted by another reviewer who told us they received an abusive private message from the management after writing a bad review. Utterly disgusting.
If you read previous reviews, you will see someone else warns of the same behaviour.
Beware of this management and restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank Convictoria
“Force Advertisiing”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This place has no repect for their customers. They dont care about your experience just your money. Booked up expecting a christmas party night. All we got is a back room, no music, no atmosphere. Force advertising. The best is yet to come. Trust me this NOT the place to complain. Coz boy when we did two women turn up the size of haystacks and started pushing us around. How dare they i am Pegnant so is my sister in law. Tables being knocked, glasses smashing, kids crying. It turned into Cell Block H. Never ever have i experienced anything like it in my life. Wish we had read the reveiws before we booked......and yes it is as bad as they say.

5 Thank Ruth H
London, United Kingdom
“I agree, swindled is a apt title.”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was booked in October for my daughter-in-laws 30th Birthday on the expectation of dancing and music in the marquee. When we arrived there was none of the entertainment advertised, and the owner had not bothered to let us know, as she quoted "it was a bIrthday party."
She was very rude and eventually gave a discount on the price of the meal., as we pointed out that it was advertised on the boards outside and inside and also on the web..
My daughter-in-law and son were extremely upset and furious that we had all been let down so badly on what should have been a very good night out celebrating her birthday.
However I must say that the two waitresses did everything in their power to try and make up for the situation. I would not recommend this pub and suggest that in future they get their fact correct when they are going to provide entertainment for the customers.

3 Thank June M