“Gym facilities”

Brentwood Centre
Ranked #20 of 31 things to do in Brentwood
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Contrary to other reviews I have been very impressed with the gym set up , staff are friendly and helpful.I was very surprised to find a gem of a gym in the centre called brentwood barbell club .you seldom find a profressional heavy weights gym with champions working out there. If you want the best of both look no further than the brentwood centre. Worth a visit

All reviews
"children"
in 7 reviews
"cafe"

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

The 2 yearly membership offer was excellent value. It includes access to the 25mtr pool, well equipped gym and all exercise classes. However the level of customer service and the cleanliness is sadly lacking. In fact it is shocking how badly the cleaners actually clean, maybe a good manager could sort it out but in the 8 years I've been using the place nothing has ever changed. There are numerous other issues such as the token machine in the swimming area rarely works or is out of tokens. Also why if I use the gym I get access to a free locker whereas in the pool I have to pay 50p via the frustrating token machine. The water in the pool can sometimes be very cool and sometimes feel quite warm. The cafe is mediocre. Life guards, gym staff and reception staff are uninterested in customer feedback. I have filled in many customer feedback forms which promise that someone will respond but no one ever does.

So in summary excellent value but badly run. I guess you get what you pay for!

1  Thank scrumsplash
Reviewed 1 May 2017

The Brentwood Centre is a sports and leisure facility that periodically runs events either in the main sports hall or the adjoining grass space. Today we visited the All About Dogs and Robin Hood Country Show managed by Aztec Events. This the second time we have experienced the diabolical event management by this company and the degree of over selling. Due to poor traffic management around the site, traffic was building miles away and had blocked Brentwood Town and the roads leading from Shenfield taking well over an hour to reach the venue which should be 5 mins away from the town. Organisation on site was no better with queues to enter leading back into the car park even with pre paid tickets. The oversold shows were sparse and the event was only saved by the dogs charities, clubs and site shows which provided the entertainment. Its staggering that the authorities allow this site to host such events which are spoilt by the poor management of Aztec. Well done to all those who braved the traffic and internal congestion with our furry family members and tried to make the most of it. Exercise caution when going to a Brentwood Centre event other than the purpose for which it was built, as a sports and leasure centre.

1  Thank colinandness
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I like the Brentwood Centre. I sometimes go running on a wednesday evening from the Brentwood Centre. It's convenient and the staff are always nice.

Then I heard that someone got shot in the car park last night, so now I may re-think my regular usage of the facilities. People are always getting shot in Brentwood <rolls eyes>

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

When our children were young we occasionally took them to the Albert Hall for their carol singalong concerts but they were expensive and difficult to get to and return home from. I wish I had known about the annual concert at the Brentwood Centre which costs just £40 for a family and is a short drive away!
The concert is of a high standard with a professional symphony orchestra ( no squeaky violins!) and a massive choir to sing along with. There is also ballet excerpts and a children's choir and a visit from Father Christmas with chocolate for the children who gather around the Christmas Tree to sing with the orchestra. The conductor is great fun and encourages everyone to join in with Christmas favourites and the whole evening is a delight.
I will be going every year with my now older children and friends.