“Lovely wedding venue with surrounding park.”
Review of Hylands House

Hylands House
Ranked #8 of 42 things to do in Chelmsford
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great place for a small-medium ceremony wedding which is easily accessible from all major routes. Rooms were highly decorative with plenty of history. Well worth considering for special occasions or just a general visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We really liked this place it a beautiful manor house that has been restored to a high standard a lovely place to have wedding the gardens are well maintained and set out. The day we visited it had been raining so would be much better to walk round in the dry and with the sun shining. The café was clean and we all had a nice coffee there, the staff were very friendly in the café and the house. Enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Beautiful Manor House and surrounding gardens. if you have the chance of a good sunny day then its is a real treat where you can walk everywhere .

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I loved this place & contribute books etc to their second hand bookshop. I had thought about volunteering.

However, dogs no longer welcomed into the wonderful stable yard, though dogs and their families keep them going in the winter months. As my mobility is poor & I get left behind whilst our dogs are walked, I cannot shop & then wait with a coffee in the stable yard or cafe, as they cannot join me there and help me with my purchases.

I am put at a further disadvantage, partucularily when visiting alone as the disabled bays have been moved quite a distance away for someone with a disability, to make way for weddings! I can be dropped of if my family come too, but due to the dog ban, they tend to be walked elsewhere a lot, where they are more welcome.

I am then doubly discriminated against: As a dog owner & as a disabled person.

I have visited with my husband, with elderly people, with young children, with a friend, with friends and as a family.

I have also been there at all times of the year.

3  Thank Annaliese59
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I completely agree with previous reviews, people with dogs should be welcomed, but no yet again we are excluded from cafe in places where they encourage us to visit, shame on you. Cllr are suppose to speak for the people! so I will vote with my feet and go elsewhere. It's a nice large open space, but I will not use the cafe again. If you want dog friendly don't bother.

3  Thank allyabbs