“Disapointed”
Review of Hylands House

Hylands House
Ranked #7 of 41 things to do in Chelmsford
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The entrance to the house was not signposted, many people were going to the main door asking for tickets to be told to go back to the shop for them, for myself as I am on crutches this proved to be very painful and time consuming, back in the shop I bought a tube of Kath Kitson hand cream which had been reduced, a bargain at £5? well no as when I got home I found it was "off" and like water and smelled bad! Being on a tight budget, it would cost me too much to take it back. The house itself when I finally got back there had nice ceilings and fireplaces but was done as for corporate meeting, rows of chairs, in the basement was the butlers room, which one could not see into as there was no lighting, but a very good wine cellar with talking mannequins. The food in the café was average and the waitress service very slow, one of them actually knocked my crutches away from me although by mistake did not even apologise! Not impressed overall wont be going back soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This placeis a real crown jewel in Chelmsford and helps the place stay firmly onthe map! The ground sare all well kept and spacious, the main kids play area is huge with plenty for them to do to burn off their energy, with a small cafe nearby wich needs to be improved upon.

The local toilets too are pretty poor - hopefully the Council will sort these out soon.

In all though great place to spend the day, have a picnic or attend an event.

1  Thank CityGuy1973
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great place for a small-medium ceremony wedding which is easily accessible from all major routes. Rooms were highly decorative with plenty of history. Well worth considering for special occasions or just a general visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We really liked this place it a beautiful manor house that has been restored to a high standard a lovely place to have wedding the gardens are well maintained and set out. The day we visited it had been raining so would be much better to walk round in the dry and with the sun shining. The café was clean and we all had a nice coffee there, the staff were very friendly in the café and the house. Enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Beautiful Manor House and surrounding gardens. if you have the chance of a good sunny day then its is a real treat where you can walk everywhere .