“Miller and Carter - Barnes Farm - best steak in Chelmsford”
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #29 of 382 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Price range: US$13 - US$47
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Without doubt, the best Fillet steak in Chelmsford. very good service and would recommend a visit for all steak lovers

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Went here for my sister in laws birthday with my parther, mum in law and daughter, who are all diabetic (which im not using as an excuse), waiting over an hour for food is not exceptable, the service was below par, food was just edible, not much choice for vegetarians. Complained and recieved a £20 gift voucher which unfortunately will go to waste as would never return and doesnt compromise a birthday meal that was ruined with slow crap service, if i could give a zero i would!

2  Thank KezRitz87
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Had the fillet wellington. Not very big. The fillet steak inside the pastry was very small. Not great value for £18. The steaks looked better value. Overall it was an average meal but overpriced. Service was very slow which was strange because it wasn't busy.

1  Thank GeoffEssex_11
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My son loves a good steak and so do I. We arrived at 8pm and were shown to our reserved table after a quick drink at the bar. Our server took the orders promptly and with a smile!
Sharing starters of Nachos and Calamari were excellent. Our rib eye steaks arrived promptly, were perfectly cooked at the recommended medium. Fries and onion loaf just perfect.
We could not eat anything else so settled for two cappuccino coffees. Atmosphere was good, all tables full but upstairs not open. Our server was a delight, young, smart and good looking.....all with a smile.
Excellent car parking and worth a visit....perhaps not for the veggies!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My boyfriend and I have been to Miller and Carter in Leigh-On-Sea twice now and enjoyed our meal both times - but this time we went to the Chelmsford branch and we thought it had a much better atmosphere. Cosy and warm with the beams! I booked 1 week in advance and the only time slot that they had left on the Saturday was 6.30pm - but this turned out to be perfect for us.

The food was great, as usual, and I had a voucher for a free glass of house wine which was actually very nice! We were seated on the upper tier and the service was great. Two Lovely girls were always visible and always made sure that we had everything we wanted. I would definately visit this restaurant again.