“DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY ONE BAD REVIEW THIS IS THE PLACE TO EAT”

The Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 371 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Writtle, United Kingdom
“DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY ONE BAD REVIEW THIS IS THE PLACE TO EAT”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I really can not emphasise enough how good this place is and simply can not understand how anyone could give it a bad review. My wife and I together with our grown up children have eaten here many times since my first review, each time the food is fantastic the service is spot on and we are made to feel very welcome. My wife and I have eaten in many restaurants at all levels of food and whilst we often eat in Bartellas and the Green Man this place should be #No 1 for non English food anyone who wants to taste real good non English food should give it a try if you don’t like you food too spicy then tell the waiter if like me you love hot spices also tell them and they will accommodate your taste. All I can say is “Simply The Best” give it a try.

1 Thank Steve-Chivers

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and staff!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Booked out whole restaurant for a big event and got a great range of dishes and very attentive waiting staff. even went to the trouble of making me a margarita!

1 Thank TimYu
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Big Mistake!”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I dined here a few days ago after a recommendation and found myself totally disgusted with the whole evening. Service was extremely very slow, i was gasping for a drink for a very long time, the food at first seemed very well presented however lacked taste, boring decor and long queue for the toilet. Defiantly over rated - i would need a lot of convincing to even think about returning.

1 Thank Hannah S
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & service”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We went for dinner at the Everest for a joint birthday celebration. The whole experience was excellent. All the staff were extremely attentive and really went out of their way to make sure everything was just right. We'd brought along a birthday cake for the end of the meal which they kindly brought out for us and a number of staff joined to sing happy birthday. They even offered a complimentary brithday drink.

To add to the service, the food itself was amazing. Absolutely everything we tried was delicious and well presented - really can't fault this place at all, highly recommended!

Torquay, United Kingdom
“excellent value & food”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Very busy restaurant but service and food very good - seems healthier than a traditional indian restaurant - different tastes and dishes. Great value for money and wine not too expensive either. certainly worth a try. They need to increase the number of toilets as you have to queue!