“Great value for money!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great value for money!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I disagree with the people who are leaving bad reviews on this restaurant - what do they expect for less than a fiver a head!! We don't go there expecting a top quality, silver service experience - but what we have always had is polite staff and nice food that is excellent value for money! It's probably one of the cheapest meals you can have nowadays - fish & chips or a big mac and chips would cost you more and there really is no comparison. If you don't like it, that's fine, but please don't diss it and put other people off because not everyone expects top class standards for budget class food. Keep up the good work Imperial because there are more people who appreciate what you do than people who don't appreciate good value for money :)

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Danijosen

Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
“Chinese Fawlty Towers: verbally abusive staff”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have been here many times, food is OK, cheap and cheerful. This time I made the mistake of asking for a table other than the one the maitre d' had taken us to, the "Herr Kommandant" actually started shouting at me in the middle of the restaurant, said in broken English that if I wanted to choose a table I should have reserved one. The Chinese Basil Fawlty assured me that most of the tables were in fact reserved, but there was no "reserved" sign on any of them ! We only wanted a window seat. He then "blanked " me for the duration of our visit, clearly knows nothing about customer relations. If you like being shouted at and humiliated by staff in a restaurant, I heartily recommend you go here, otherwise, avoid it like the plague !

• Visited December 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Cheap, but NOT cheerful.”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

If you are trying to do lunch on a budget, this might be the place to go.
A group of 6 of us had arranged to meet up and go to The Imperial for a lunch and have a bit of a catch up. We were shoved on a tiny table in a corner; it was very dark with no space to swing a cat (pardon the expression).
The food was well below the normal poor standards - it wasn't hot at all, and there wasn't even the full range that has normally been available.
Drinks are over priced.
Staff were down right rude - no thank you's when we left or anything.
Very, very disappointing.
I appreciate it is not a top-class restaurant, but I expect better.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank IWTBAT09
London
“Not one of the best Chinese buffets”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

This is quite a small restaurant, with an extremely limited variety of food. Some of the items were not that warm, and some didn't taste that great. Generally I'd describe the food as average. The dessert consists of a scoop of the lowest possible quality vanilla ice-cream.

Sometimes the staff would lean over my plate while I was eating to collect dirty plates!

Also, this place accepts cash only. I'm always a bit suspicious of restaurants that don't accept card.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Totally superb value”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Honestly why do people moan when they are paying £5 to eat a three course lunch. Its superb value and you can eat as much as you want. The food is good and yet everyone moans because you get nuggets and onion rings. Well let me ask you, how many "nuggets" would you get in Mcdonalds for £5 probably 6!!. So take it for what it is which is superb value and ill guarantee your go back

• Visited September 2013