“Good value and good choice”
Review of The Imperial

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Good value and good choice”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Despite a price increase the food is still good value. Always packed so good idea to book. Friendly waiter on my visit, and we didn't feel rushed on this occasion as I think tends to happen in the evenings.

Visited February 2014

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have just had a lovely meal here, other reviews said that they hover to take your plate, they do take your plate for you to get a new clean one which I consider excellant, very friendly and as for loosing cutlery, no they left my cutlery eveytime. Great meal good choice and woule highly recommend

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pauline D
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great value for money!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I disagree with the people who are leaving bad reviews on this restaurant - what do they expect for less than a fiver a head!! We don't go there expecting a top quality, silver service experience - but what we have always had is polite staff and nice food that is excellent value for money! It's probably one of the cheapest meals you can have nowadays - fish & chips or a big mac and chips would cost you more and there really is no comparison. If you don't like it, that's fine, but please don't diss it and put other people off because not everyone expects top class standards for budget class food. Keep up the good work Imperial because there are more people who appreciate what you do than people who don't appreciate good value for money :)

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Danijosen
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
“Chinese Fawlty Towers: verbally abusive staff”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have been here many times, food is OK, cheap and cheerful. This time I made the mistake of asking for a table other than the one the maitre d' had taken us to, the "Herr Kommandant" actually started shouting at me in the middle of the restaurant, said in broken English that if I wanted to choose a table I should have reserved one. The Chinese Basil Fawlty assured me that most of the tables were in fact reserved, but there was no "reserved" sign on any of them ! We only wanted a window seat. He then "blanked " me for the duration of our visit, clearly knows nothing about customer relations. If you like being shouted at and humiliated by staff in a restaurant, I heartily recommend you go here, otherwise, avoid it like the plague !

• Visited December 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Cheap, but NOT cheerful.”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

If you are trying to do lunch on a budget, this might be the place to go.
A group of 6 of us had arranged to meet up and go to The Imperial for a lunch and have a bit of a catch up. We were shoved on a tiny table in a corner; it was very dark with no space to swing a cat (pardon the expression).
The food was well below the normal poor standards - it wasn't hot at all, and there wasn't even the full range that has normally been available.
Drinks are over priced.
Staff were down right rude - no thank you's when we left or anything.
Very, very disappointing.
I appreciate it is not a top-class restaurant, but I expect better.

• Visited September 2013