“Great Location”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Chelmsford
Chesterield, Derbyshire
“Great Location”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have stayed here for 3 nights and the hotel is in a good location close to the centre of town. the staff are very friendly and the rooms are of a good stadard and so is the cleaning of the room. The lonly slight down side for me was the wifi would drift in and out so you couldnt always connect. The breakfast in the hotel is very good with plenty of choice. The meals in the evening and expensive for what you get. In summary and great located hotel and I would stay again if in Chelmsford.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have now stayed twice at the Atlantic Hotel in Chelmsford. The hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the high street in Chelmsford. There is free parking just outside and it is easy to find.
The reception staff are friendly and helpful.
We have stayed in both a standard room and an executive room. To be honest there is not a great seal of difference between the 2 types of room as both are spacious and comfortable .In the executive room there is a coffee machine but there are coffee/tea making facilities in both types of room.
We didn't use the hotel restaurant as we were so close to the town centre and there is a good choice of good restaurants nearby. We didn't have breakfast as service doesn't begin until 8 am on a Saturday and we needed to leave at 8.15 so we didn't have time.
That would be my only disappointment as overall we have enjoyed our stays there and will use this hotel again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maria P
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed here recently whist on business with work.
The hotel is nice and clean, room was great, just what i needed, good shower, bed, tv, iron etc.
I had a meal in the restaurant which was OK, they seemed very short staffed and only had one guy on the bar and a single lady in the restaurant, it did seem a little busy for a Tuesday evening so maybe they were caught off guard a little?
The staff forgot me at first, i could see them looking at me, puzzled as to why i was sat down for so long and not eating... then it clicked and they realised that they sat me down and completely forgot to take my order (i waited 20 mins to order a drink)
The meal i had was fine except the soup (which was apparently Minestrone), was terrible, they forgot me again (waited 30 mins to order my starter) and as i was sat opposite the kitchen i could see the chef going mad because they must have ran out of soup but because they had took my order then decided not to tell the chef (i waited another 35 mins for starter) he made a fresh batch which was literally some chopped up carrots in water with some congealed oil sat on the top... seriously.. it was diabolical. The staff also messed up with my main meal by giving the guy next to me, the dish i had ordered and giving me, his! He didnt notice by the way! he looked at it when they put it in front of him with a bemused look, i could see him thinking "did i order this?" it was quite comical as i had clearly overheard him ask for a rare steak yet he was confronted with the chicken in breadcrumbs, i cant say i was suprised when i was presented with.... yes you guessed it..... a rare steak!
I couldn't help but laugh but hey the steak was fine......
In retrospect i probably should have mentioned it to them but i was afraid that my complaint would have been more trouble than it was worth.
They did redeem themselves with a decent breakfast so ill let them off!

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here on business during a very rare occasion - A British Heatwave!
The hotel had an interesting decor and was very hot in the corridors,
The room was spacious and very clean and had an air conditioning / Heater unit in the room which was a bit noisy, the second night I switched it off and opened the window, didn't do much good as a thunderstorm developed!
The bed was a double and hard with a sag in it on one side
The Hotel is handy for the city centre and has a barriered car park

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, not been to Chelmsford before. Hotel was very easy to find and is within walking distance of the train station. I stayed in an executive suite & it was lovely, very clean & tidy. I would definitely stay here again & I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Coventry
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great location for work and from the exterior it looked fine.
Check in was efficient, the interior was clean, receptionist very welcoming.
The corridors are very dark with pink lighting which I liked so I hoped the rooms would be the same but they were not.
The room was very big but a bit soul-less, lots of wooden shelves, the white duvet on the bed didnt add any colour. The bathroom was clean and spotless.
Room service menu very basic so I ate in the restaurant, although not cheap the food was fantastic so I would definitely recommend eating at the restaurant.
Breakfast was ok, buffet options ok.
Check out - receptionist was very engaging.
I would return but it wouldnt be my first choice, nothing majorly wrong but a splash of colour in the rooms to match the funky corridors would top it off.
May be being a bit fussy but staying at lots of hotels you get to know your likes and dislikes

Birmingham
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

I used to stay at the Atlantic a lot with work and having changed jobs I returned after about a year.
The staff are great, they really try to make your stay a positive one. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was made to order and great quality.

• Stayed June 2013