All reviewsgood sizeexecutive roomtown centremodern hotelhotel restaurantsky tvcoffee machinetrain stationone night staywould stay againhigh streetno air concooked breakfastsaturday nightgood nights sleepgymtravelodge
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

It has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I requested to change my room as I wasn't happy with the standard. The hotel receptionist was very very very rude and refused to see Request. As a paying customer at your establishment I would have expected to be treated with a bit more respect instead your staff were rude to me and my guess on numerous occasions. When I first checked in I wasn't even shown what direction to go to get to my room and when I did ask for help to get to through the doors as my hands were full I was met with the response by your reception staff 'the door does open', I was livid.

The worst hotel I have stayed in purely on the grounds of rude reception staff.
Will never recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel for an overnight or extended stay. Good facilities all round and the staff attended all my needs.
Will definitely use again.
The room was comfortable and quiet allowing for a much needed rest, followed by a hearty breakfast. Nice place and location.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We stayed before and after a holiday. I could well believe that this is the best value in town. King size beds, clean rooms, good parking and very good location a short walk from the new Eating Area in the town.
Because of this both dinner and breakfast were taken away from the hotel so I can't comment on the restaurant but it appeared up to the usual standard. That in many ways sums up my experience with Best Western, over many years I have never had a bad experience with them.

Room Tip: Rooms are numbered unusually, 100s are on the ground floor 200s on the first.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

If I was staying in Chelmsford on my own again, I'd probably try to stay here again.
Good size room for one or two, and with easy access to the town centre is well placed for someone looking for a good hotel in walking distance of plenty of amenities.
Access to the gym next door.
Decent breakfast, but not super.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Great location and very helpful and pleasant staff. Plenty of choice for breakfast and staff were very happy to accommodate special diets. Rooms were clean, spacious and quiet. Even though staff were clearing away after breakfast , the morning coffee we ordered with visiting friends was served with a smile.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family