All reviews good size executive room town centre sky tv coffee machine sat nav comfortable bed train station one night stay would stay again restaurant staff reception area saturday night cooked breakfast no air con good nights sleep gym
Reviewed 26 November 2018

The rooms are clean and perfect for a city break. Beds are massive I could not even hear my wife snore as she was that far away. Staff super and breakfast whether continental or full English really well presented . Place hard to fault except bar could open a tad earlier than 5 pm especially at weekends.

Room tip: All rooms quiet we were in 233 and would stay in this one again.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOHNROBERTS57
Reviewed 26 November 2018

Can clearly cater to all types of customers whether it be for individuals on business or families staying. Staff go beyond their duties to help you enjoy the stay even recommending places to go in the area and helped with hire car rental. The room was well furnished and cleaned to an excellent standard.
I would highly recommend the stay and I will be returning.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2018

Rude staff, dirty rooms, breakfast items cold, sausages tasted sour, staff not interested in complaints regarding noisy guests returning in the early hours

Don't stay here, use one of the many other hotels close by

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TJM1
RicardoSanta-Rita, General Manager at Best Western Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2018

Thank you for your email giving us feedback regarding your stay.

In future, if such problems occur, could you report the issues to reception’s attention straight away and the utmost will be done either to move or upgrade you into another bedroom.

The noise caused by other guests in the corridors at night is very difficult to police, but when such noises are reported we do the upmost to bring these issues to the guests causing such noise with a view to have a stop as disturb other guests.

Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

On a visit to the best western hotel with our family we had three rooms as we were visiting family our daughter pulled back the sheets to get in her bed and the bed sheets hadn’t been changed there was foundation, glitter and eyelashes on the sheets,when removing the sheets the mattress toppers underneath were so discusting with stains made her feel physically sick. We all checked our bedding and although not as bad as our daughters linen our mattress topper also had horrible staines .After reporting this to reception was told she was sorry but there is no management available,as to another visit to this hotel we would not be coming back .Advise to any other visitors check your beds when you get there before you decide to sleep.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lindamN4257SE

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email giving us feedback regarding your stay.

I will re-group with housekeeping department with regards to your observations about cleanliness.

Yours sincerely,

Ricardo Santa-Rita / Regional General Manager

Reviewed 23 November 2018 via mobile

Terrible service from the staff here which resulted in myself being charged double for my stay and the staff not willing to help me to rectify. Staff lied and stuck up for each other and were damn rude. Ontop of this my room was dirty and had cobwebs. I’d avoid this folks and stay somewhere different if I was you!! Terrible.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
RicardoSanta-Rita, General Manager at Best Western Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2018

Dear Mrs Yates,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on trip advisor. This platform also enables companies to respond to the feedback so that all can have an understanding what actually happened.

At the time of your check in, I was by Reception and witnessed the check in. My Receptionist greeted you and went through the check in procedure. At this stage you were refusing to give your credit card for pre-authorization which is a policy that most hotels adhere to. My Receptionist was calm and sympathetic towards you but at the same time insisting that we needed a pre-authorization of a credit card. Eventually you agreed to have your credit card Pre-authorized and when my Receptionist informed the location of your bedroom in the first floor, you became very abrupt and insisting that you had requested a ground floor room. My Receptionist showed you a copy the reservation you have made and there no requirements for a bedroom on the ground floor. My Receptionist , explained that we offer a complementary service of delivering luggage to the bedrooms and we could not move to another room because the hotel was full.

At this stage, you kept challenging the Receptionist, so my Reception Manager came to the Reception desk and explained again the policies and the booking in question. My Receptionist assisted you by taking your luggage to your bedroom.

You had two reservations for 2 rooms via Booking.com: one for Tuesday and one for Wednesday.

You were unhappy about all of the above, so decided to cancel the reservation you had for the next day. however when you cancelled it fell after the cancellation policy, so a charge was applied.

You phoned Booking.com and the hotel several times to complain about the cancellation charge.

The cancellation charges are explained clearly in the booking.com site.

Every time that we have some feedback we investigate and respond in the appropriate manner.

Thank you again for your feedback.