Lowest prices for your stay
US$108
Free cancellation until 15/05/21
Hotels.comUS$90
eDreamsUS$108
FindHotelUS$90
All reviews executive room western hotels coffee machine sat nav biscuits cooked breakfast gym university sky conservatory channels
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2019

The hotel is generally clean and most of the staff are helpful. However, the room we were given was not good - the electric heater did not work properly, there was a gap around the window (caused by a missing window seal) which let in a cold draught, the curtains looked dirty, the lighting in the room was inadequate and the toilet seat was loose. We complained and were moved to another room.

We returned to the hotel at 11.30 pm, hoping for a couple of drinks at the bar. Unfortunately, we were not able to. The night porter informed us that the bar closed at 11.00 pm and he could not serve us any drinks. Not very hospitable!!

The quality of the buffet breakfast was quite poor. The food was lukewarm at best.

Date of stay: December 2019
RicardoSanta-Rita, General Manager at Best Western Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2019

Dear Guest,
I was very sorry to learn of your disappointment regarding your recent stay at the Atlantic Hotel. Please accept my apologies with regards to your experience with us.
May I thank you for bringing the matter to my attention, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our standards on a future occasion.

My team have had the chance to read your comments and we discussed where our shortfalls were. We are constantly refurbishing the rooms to keep these up to date. The feedback from the window seal area has now been addressed.

As a result of the above, As a gesture of good will, I offer you a complementary's breakfast on a basis of two people to show you an appreciation for your comments/feedback.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Stayed in a executive room, and it certainly was that. Lovely decor, extremely clean and all the amenities and more that you could possibly need.
Reception team very friendly and efficent, night porter was also friendly and no requests were a bother for him.
Waitress staff where also lovely, and the cooked breakfast was well worth the money.
Ample free parking on sight and a 10 minute stroll to the town centre. Would return and certainly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2019

Great stay but not the easiest hotel to find....especially when we arrived in the dark. Turn off New Street into Brook Street and then first left after 20 yards or so down an unnamed side road. The car park barrier is on your left. Brook Street and the side road to the hotel look like unlikely access roads to a hotel. We stayed in an Executive Room and it was very good...Sky Sports in the room and an excellent firm bed....one of the best I have slept in in a hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. All good.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

This hotel has a horrible attitude to customer service. Straight after booking a room I realised I'd clicked the wrong date. I rang to ask if the booking could be changed to a closer date which was available at the same rate. I was told under no circumstances would this be changed even though the hotel wouldn't have lost out from the amendment. Clearly once a bank transaction is processed, the hotel has no consideration for customers.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2019 via mobile

We used this hotel for a business meeting which was held in the conservatory.

The location and facilities were excellent, we were never without tea and coffee during the day. Our buffet lunch was superb no complaints from any of our delegates.

Top marks for the staff who looked after us during our stay

Date of stay: November 2019