“Best chinese meal I’ve ever had”
Review of Empire Palace

Empire Palace
Ranked #84 of 405 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Caters fantastically for vegetarians. The set menu was delicious and good value. Staff were lovely!!

Vanessa L, Public Relations Manager at Empire Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely and kind feedback!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

To be clear, the food here was ok. It wasn’t great and not good enough to warrant a second visit.
The service is efficient but somewhat perfunctory I felt like an inconvenience as opposed to a welcomed paying guest.

1  Thank AJ1916
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

After not ordering a Chinese for a while. This has confirmed why we didn’t. Empire ribs watery and poor. And what’s with the tiny pot of sweet and sour sauce with the chicken balls. Utterly disappointing food, will never order again. Other half believes we ordered on a Monday and got leftover crap from weekend Maybe true. Waste of money.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience and we'd like to respond to your feedback.

Our ribs have been stated as the best in Essex so I'm sorry it didn't satisfy your taste buds.

We never re-use food and everything is cooked afresh.

Regarding the small pot, we never use small pots, they are usually large for a normal portion of chicken balls.

I would like to suggest that perhaps in future, if you feel like it doesn't taste good, please feel free to call us and speak to us directly so we can talk about your feedback and provide a more suitable solution to keep you happy.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I made a late decision to go early on New Years Eve and Tommy made a special effort to fit us in. Had the youngest with us and the staff could not have been more friendly. Food was excellent as ever, never had a bad meal here over 20 odd years.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I made an account purely because of how my wife had to retrieve the long dark hair from it up from way down inside!
Was told a manager would also ring
..... no phone call
My opinion go some where with some class!!