“Perfect place to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bygones of Writtle

Bygones of Writtle
Ranked #100 of 367 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Perfect place to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have recently moved to the area, and was thrilled to discover a fantastic tea room and lovely shop just around the corner. Beautiful gifts for your home and friends , friendly staff and yummy scones and cakes , what more could you ask for ? Fantastic !!

• Visited May 2014

Essex,UK
“Lovely little tea room on Writtle Green”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My friend and I go to this wonderful little tea room at least twice a week for tea and delicious cheese scones. It is always a treat. The scones are delicious, the tea excellent , the waitresses charming and friendly. I would highly recommend this lovely tea room.

• Visited April 2014
“Researched local tea rooms & we chose this one, so glad we did!! 10/10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Whilst visiting a local rhs garden I googled local tea room in Chelmsford & several came up, this one had 5/5 excellent reviews so we chose to drive a bit further & visit, so glad we did, excellent range of homemade cakes (delicious) & teas & coffee! This is what I expect from a tea room, it had everything, excellent food, service & ambience, you will not be disappointed! Felt I had to leave a review to let anyone know!

• Visited March 2014
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Lunch time visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Quaint tea room with shopping opportunity situated opposite Writtle Green.

Fresh sandwiches, quiche and a variety of cakes to choose from. Plus a drink selection ranging from tea to wine so there is something for everyone.

Very clean environment with friendly staff.

Opportunity to sit in courtyard during the summer months.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Celebrating my birthday with afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I hired the tea shop on a Sunday for a family gathering. Jo the owner made everything so nice. Nothing was too much trouble, even my gluten free guest was well catered for. All the food and cakes were delicious and we all waddled out having spent a wonderful, relaxed afternoon in cosy surroundings. I have booked again as we all enjoyed it so much.

Visited January 2014