“great service but food a let down” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The New London Restaurant and Lounge

The New London Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #17 of 363 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Felsted, United Kingdom
“great service but food a let down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We came for lunch having been recommended. Tasteful decor and very clean. Staff very attentive and pleasant. Unfortunately my friend's smoked salmon too salty but this was quickly taken off the menu as they agreed and we were not charged. Linguini cooked to perfection but crab very nondescript (it was just shavings) and tasteless. No flavour to the pasta so didn't eat it. Not charged for this either. As my friends both enjoyed their main courses, I will give it a another go as I've heard such good reports. Perhaps it was just our unlucky day.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank sa m

“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Enjoyed 'date night' here with my husband. Firstly we loved what they have done with the place, can hardly recognise the previous old pub- the interior and exterior have both been tastefully decorated with a modern design. The menu has just enough on it to offer good variety, and everything sounded delicious! The food was well presented, and tasted even better. Service made the experience, we never felt rushed and were able to enjoy the evening with a bar available should you wish to continue.
I don't often choose a dessert, but one screamed at me and I am so glad I did..... The White Chocolate Fondant with Banana Ice-cream is amazing!!
Definitely recommend The New London!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank ChrissiDd
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Not-to-be-missed restaurant in Chelmsford if your focus is excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Visited this restaurant for the first time last night and was very pleased with the experience. The food was top quality and cooked to perfection. The presentation was brilliant and the service was also very good. I hope to be back soon!

• Visited July 2014
“Lovely Celebration ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We were taken here by friends for my wife's birthday , very nice decor , nice ambience very friendly staff who are very knowledgable about the origins of the ingredients all in all food was beautifully presented and will defiantly be coming back , keep up the good work.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I visited the New London for Sunday lunch with my family - what a wonderful experience. The food was fantastic; the staff were polite, friendly and efficient and the atmosphere very pleasant and condusive to a relaxing Sunday lunch.

I would definintely recommend the New London and am hoping to visit again very soon.

• Visited July 2014