“Very nice efficient hotel”

Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Chelmsford
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay at Ivy Hill Hotel. We found the hotel to be of a very good standard, the bedroom was clean and decorated to a high standard. We did experience lots of noise from other bedrooms doors slamming shut and perhaps some door self closers need adjusting.

The grounds of the hotel are lovely and we enjoyed a good Sunday lunch in the lovely restaurant which is within the grounds of the hotel, breakfast was excellent too.

Overall a very enjoyable stay in a well run and organised hotel which is in an excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable weekend.
I will ask someone to take a look at the doors to check the closers, thank you for bringing this to me attention.

We hope to see you back at the hotel when you are next in the area

There are newer reviews for Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel

Reviewed 28 August 2012

After my cousin got married here last year and having been to a few weddings already, this venue was top on my list for my future wedding venue. My cousins wedding was PERFECT and I knew it would be hard to match as how can you top perfect!? Well my day has just past, our wedding was on Friday 24th August 2012 and I am still on cloud 9! Our day was amazing and it was just as perfect. You can not fault the Hotel, its clean and friendly, the grounds are beautiful and above all the staff are first class at what they do, beyond professional. I thought my cousin just had a great relationship with the staff on his day and they possibly made an extra effort on his behalf but since they made our day just as important and magical, it proves just how serious they are to make everyones day just as special as the last. Big thanks to Libby, she is like a big sister who is so kind and caring, she is just the person you expect to have organise your day, she treats you how she would want to be treated on such an important day and its with true sincerity....big big thank you, you are an asset to Ivy Hill. Our HoneyMoon suit was gorgeous and hubby and I are talking of taking a few hints with the decor and adding them to our bedroom at home. Words are not enough to express how much we appreciate all the hard work and effort all the staff put into our day and we will be forever grateful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jennie a

Thank you for your kind words about Best Western Ivy Hill following your recent wedding.
I am always delighted to hear such wonderful reports about the venue and the staff and I'm glad they helped to make your special day so memorable for you.

Wishing you and your new husband every happiness and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here for the V festival. Reception said Hylands park was a 20 minute walk away but it was more like 50 mins (and we are fairly fast walkers!) Nevertheless, the rooms were lovely and very clean, breakfast was also really nice with a variety of options. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had an executive double. Room 23.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Chelmsford for the V Festival, certain areas of the park are that close but for the festival some of the entrances are closed and these do change each year.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area again.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Me, my friends and the bride stayed here the night before my friends wedding. Was very impressed with the hotel, staff were friendly and rooms big modern and very clean.Beds really comfortable. Only moan is that the rooms dont have air con and it was really muggy night. Food was lovely and freshly cooked.
I am a hairdresser and had to do all the hair for the wedding which meant we had a late check out and did run over but no one said anything.
Would throughly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent visit.
I'm pleased that you all had a great stay, liked the rooms and that they let you finish all the hair for the wedding without chasing you out of the room, I hope the day was a success.

We look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill very soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel during the
Olympics and it was perfect. Ideally situated just off the A12, the hotel is very easy to find.
The rooms are fresh and look to have been recently refurbished, the bar menu is good and the breakfast was very good (which makes a refreshing change for a hotel buffet).
The hotel does appear to be the venue for a large amount of weddings, so its probably worth checking when you book.

• Stayed: August 2012
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill.
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and the facilities on offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area, hopefully before the Olympics returns!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

A friend recommended this hotel to me and I can deffinately see why! I was welcomed when I checked in by a friendly member of staff and found the room to be just what I wanted. Everyone was very helpful and the staff seemed happy in their jobs. Breakfast was lovely and I had a brilliant experience over all. Would deffinately come back again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Katie1004

Thank you for your kind review and apologies for the delay in replying!
It is always a pleasure to hear that guests have been well looked after and we would be happy for you to come back whenever you are next looking for accommodation in the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just returned after a couple of days/nights and have to say was impressed - Rooms were clean and beds were comfy! Staff were great, especially with my two young boys and the chef cooked them something different off of the menu ..so they were happy! Would def stay here again!

Room Tip: Had a family room upstairs
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Alwaysablonde
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Best Western Ivy Hill.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelmsford
Pontlands Park
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Chelmsford Hotel
Travelodge Chelmsford Hotel
#10 of 11 in Chelmsford

Been to Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!