We stayed a single night at Channels Lodge after attending a wedding on their premises, with our very lively 3 year old daughter. The room we had was well laid out, neat and modern, a bit on the small side but had everything we needed. The bathroom was spacious. The bed was big and comfy. The grounds are beautiful and spacious, children are not allowed on them for obvious reasons, but still enough space for her to run around in. Very quiet. Found the staff extremely friendly and helpful at all time. All in all we had a lovely stay and would recommend to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Channels Lodge is one of the finest Hotels in Chelmsford, surrounded by the golf course, this beautifully converted 15th Century Tudor house is an ideal place for a business traveller to stay or wedding hotel near Chelmsford city centre. The hotel has 17 spacious guest rooms which have been individually designed and equipped to the highest standards combining the finest of the old with the finest of the new. Each room is decorated stylishly, some in mind for business man and business women and others designed in consideration for romantic breaks. There are two restaurants within the grounds of Channels both are renowned for their excellent food and friendly service. Bar snacks can also be purchased from the Club House. The hotel is situated close to the A12 between Chelmsford (2 miles) and Colchester (25 miles) and with Stansted Airport only 20 minutes away, makes Channels Lodge in the heart of the Essex countryside, a perfect location for both business and pleasure. Free parking when traveling to and from Stansted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Channels Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Channels Hotel Chelmsford
- Channels Lodge Chelmsford, Essex