Saracens Head Hotel
US$148
US$172
Pontlands Park(Great Baddow)
US$137
Premier Inn Chelmsford City Centre Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Restaurant
US$81
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Chelmsford (Boreham) Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$80
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I held my Daughters 18th there and booked a quad room for her and her friends so that they didn't have to find there way home. The staff were amazing! The food was fab! The Party was Fab! The quad room was albeit basic it was clean with fresh bedding and the bathroom was clean and all working. The prices for the bedrooms are so cheap what with the location right in town!! So if you are in town for the night and need to put your heads down somewhere clean - then you can't go wrong - will cost more to cab home!! If you want to hold a party then you will not be disappointed! Thanks Guys amazing evening! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank harttohart
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed here on the eve of an interview it was an early one and I thought it a good idea to be on top of the venue. I made the biggest mistake EVER and didn't do as well as I should have as I was up all night! I was in room 17 which is right at the front. Because of strong winds a metal pub sign swung all night making the most awful rusty shrill noise - It was constant and you could NOT sleep through it. I hadn't realised that it was very near many clubs so from 12 - 4am there was constant reams of clubbers and drunks shouting and singing outside. I looked out the window at about 3.30am and there must have been 50 people having come out of the club waiting for a taxi! I had to get up at 6.30am and if I got half an hours sleep that night that was the most!

The room I originally thought was passable as it was suiting a purpose for me being near the venue for my interview but on closer inspection it was horrible. I had no duvet on my bed and I had to find someone to get one for me, the TV only had BBC1 and no sound until I spent ages trying to work it out and eventually got some sound! toilet seat was old and did not fit the seat, there was a draught coming from the window, the shower and bath were nasty and the carpet stained...on the whole the biggest mistake staying there and the relentless noise could have cost me a job!

Room Tip: AVOID! especially on a windy day!!! and room 17....im shuddering thinking about it!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Gaynie_10
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I took my family there for breakfast, the tea arrived within 5 minutes but after waiting 40 minutes the food arrived cold and not as described. The pictures shows 2 bacon, only one was on the plate and after drawing the waitresses attention we were told that the manager had decided to reduce this. A complete misrepresentation from the picture. The scrambled egg was cold and needed to be changed.

The Ladies toilets were disgusting, no toilet paper and the only sink was broken.

I wondered why we were the only guests in the restaurant and now I can see why!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The only advantage of this 'hotel' is the location, right in the town centre. It really needs a complete refit.

I had the misfortune to stay in a room near the staff office on the same floor as reception and right next to a storage cupboard. Truly awful!

The bathroom had broken tiles and holes in the wall, torn and paper thin shower curtain, very old divan bed, no chair to sit on, TV with no remote and set on subtitles, ancient furniture, constant banging of doors 1st thing Sunday morning.

As mentioned by other reviews there does not appear to be any security either, just off the main High Street, seems anyone can wander in and walk through the hotel corridors. The reception is rarely manned.

If one is simply looking for somewhere to crash after a night out on the town then OK but if you just want the normal things a hotel should offer best look elsewhere in Chelmsford.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Observer2013
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Okay there is no way around the fact that the room I was in was tired and really did need some care but it was very clean and tidy, had good facilities and was comfortable enough for the £35 I paid for the night. The location was excellent and the staff very friendly. Yes I agree that they really need to improve some things if they want to attract repeat customers (in my room the shower head just lolls on the wall meaning that it's pretty useless) but the reality of a hotel room is that it serves a purpose at a price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business