“Once a month treat”
Review of The Dog & Gun - CLOSED

The Dog & Gun
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The perfect place to unwind with a glass of something chilled and enjoy delicious, freshly cooked food with family and friends. Our food is cooked entirely from scratch using fresh, seasonal produce. We have selected a range of fine wines, beers and spirits to accompany our menu. When the weather is good, guests can dine on the terrace which is covered with huge umbrellas and super-efficient heaters...Ideal for those long lazy al fresco lunches! PS...Whilst bookings are not mandatory they are strongly recommended. Email reservations are not a definite booking unless we send you confirmation but we will try our very best to accommodate you.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This restaurant is just superb. Dined here at the beginning of last week and can only report to have had another excellent meal. Service brilliant and would recommend to anyone. "so worth a visit. Thanks.......

1  Thank sharon c

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We'd left booking until the day before but they still managed to squeeze us in at 12.30pm. The helpful manager and chef accommodated my daughter's vegan diet with some slight adjustment to the mushroom risotto from the menu and kindly made special a fruity dessert - it was important to let them know she was vegan in advance...but it's all freshly cooked anyway. Will definitely go again.

1  Thank Susan I
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Just back from a first time lunch at the Dog and Gun after reading review in Exquisite Essex. We were not disappointed. Lovely patio area - sun trap but must say tables a little annoying for taller peeps due to design leaving little leg room but heh I'm being picky. Our server was friendly and service was smooth and quick without feeling rushed. I decided on the chilli fish chowder on the basis of the review - starter portion was ample, fish unctuous and soup creamy. My taste would have wanted a little more chilly which I'm sure would have been added if I'd asked...and would probably have detracted from the dish! Partner had steak sandwich with comes with fries and a salad with a light creamy dressing - and no tomatoes! That made his day! He likes his steak sarnies and couldn't think of having a tastier one before...praise indeed. Accompanying onion relish/chutney was gorgeous. On a whim I added onion rings....yum - light quietly seasoned batter, no scalding incidents and moreish. Now I'm a fussy one and I'm struggling to find a point I didn't like - other than the tables...,oh and that it's not within walking distance from home :)

1  Thank BoPipSky
Reviewed 30 June 2014

10 for us came for a fantastic meal over the weekend , food was amazing and the service was spot on - had a few more real ales than I should have lol.
They even had an little kids bit in the garden .
Thank you .

1  Thank Floodwater71
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The restaurant is very nicely decorated, food was nice, service could be improved, little things like having no salt and pepper on the table and wasn't offered so we had to ask for it. Also service was not particualarly fantastic.

1  Thank Louise C