“Just the job”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Clacton-on-Sea Central
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

we chose this place because of its location .
Rooms very clean , bed comfy .
Staff very friendly.
Very good value for money too.
Would stay here again when next in Clacton.
Only thing missing was a fan / aircon

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Never any staff on desk every time we entered reception we had to ring and wait some time before anybody arrived however staff friendly if you were lucky enough to see any. No soap in any dispensers meaning a shower in water only. No glasses/cups in bathroom. Heat in room unbearable and no fans supplied although have since heard other rooms had them. Window only opened a tiny amount due to health and safety which I totally understand but unable to sleep due to heat. couldn't wait to leave!

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 27 July 2014

In a word, HOT! You can't open the windows and although the nice lady on reception gave us a fan it was just unbearable. Just don't put yourself through a night here in the summer, find a b&b that at least considers you adult enough to open your window! You also get the fire doors clunking shut all night as people come and go.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if the rooms at the back of the hotel would be cooler but don't get one at the...
Reviewed 21 July 2014

i am writing this quick note on behalf of my daughter who stayed there, on return she realised that she had left her glasses in her room i telephoned and spoke to a lady called mary who said she would look in the room and call be straight back which she did and she had found the glasses, i sent her a stamped addressed envelope and they were promptly returned, thank you mary

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is in a good location with an easy walk to the pier. It's also spotlessly clean and the staff were friendly and welcoming. If it had been winter I'm sure my stay would have been fine! The problem is it was hot weather and there is no air con - except, a little offensively, in the reception area - and the room was beyond 'too hot'. I walked from a nicely cool reception area into a slightly warm corridor and then into a sauna of a room. Opening the window did no good, as there is a stop on them to prevent any more than a tiny opening at the top. All opening the window actually did was give me a great sound funnel for Clacton's herring gulls, which apparently don't sleep at night and strike up a cacophony every twenty minutes or so! I could hardly bear to be in my room for any length of time and got barely an hour or two of sweaty sleep on top of the bed on either night. As I was on the first floor I also had the pleasure of a constant 'clonk' as the fire doors downstairs closed, even in the middle of the night! I know it's a budget hotel but it would be heated in the winter so surely some consideration should be given to air con or some method of getting cooler air into the rooms in hot weather. I would stay there again as long as it was winter or cool weather and I could get a room on a higher floor where hopefully I wouldn't hear the constant clang of fire doors.

Room Tip: The first floor is noisy due to fire doors closing on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night in 10th July.
Very pleasant staff and spotless room.
No car park but there is a car park opposite charging £6.70 for 24hours. Just put £4.00 and take the ticket to reception and they'll sign it so you can park for 24hours.
New rooms very clean, bathroom spotless, dreamer bed very very comfortable.
5 minute walk to seafront and the shops are right on the doorstep.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lee G
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked a 'accessible twin room' as I am disabled. I was given a third floor room some way from the lift, and it was a double room. I was staying with my niece and wanted twin beds, but was not offered an alternative, so the receptionist had to unzip the beds and get extra bedding when we arrived.
The room was very basic, with only ONE chair at a small desk, and a huge space beside it. There was no phone in the room, and no bedside tables. The toilet smelled of drains, and the whole experience was not pleasant. Then a woman banged on the door in the morning to remind us that check out was at 12.00.
For the price of £77 for the night, with NO breakfast and no restaurant or bar, I felt that this was extremely bad value. I used to like Travelodge - but this was the WORST experience I have ever had, and I would not stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Clacton-on-Sea Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We are sorry to learn that your room was not made up for you jdsplus. Your room should be fully set up and ready for you upon your arrival so we apologise that this did not happen on this occasion. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.