“Very friendly and welcoming”
Review of The Ocean Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
The Ocean Hotel
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just spent bank holiday Saturday at The Ocean, the staff were very helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived and allowed us to park the car even though we were about 3hours early for check in - the rooms were of a decent size and the bathroom was a great size although only had a shower - the shower head could have done with a descale as not as powerful as it looks and towels could be slightly bigger- the bed was too soft for me but that's a personal preference and the only other down side was there was no curtains just a blind which rattled due to the window being open. The breakfast was wonderful and just what we needed before our journey home. Would stay again :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a room to the back think a seaview room would have been to noisy due to the disco
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I would like say thank you to Danny and all the staff at the Ocean Hotel for fitting my partner and our grand children in at such short notice after finding out our caravan company had gone bust. The rooms were excellent , clean spacious and well laid out. We had a great time the live entertainment was brilliant the bar bustling without being overcrowded and the breakfast was superb proper bacon and sausage. once again thanks . Kevin ,Norma,Issac and Leah

Room Tip: Don t take the one over the bar when there is a band on, we were warned though
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We day tripped to Clacton and wanted a sea front lunch. We stopped here because we could see some of the dishes that fellow diners were enjoying and they looked pretty impressive.
We couldn't have been more pleased. It was a gloriously sunny day but the outdoor table was well shaded with an umbrella and we enjoyed a lovely sea breeze. We ordered fish and chips. It was sublime, so fresh it looked and tasted like it had just been caught, the chips were real and beautifully crisp and the portion size was extremely generous but it was so gorgeous i ate far too much. The service was warm and friendly and it felt like the staff genuinely cared if you enjoyed yourself.
This now means that every time I fancy fish and chips I am going to have to do a 90 mile round trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I emailed to ask for availability for a room. I managed to get a Double Room, with a sea view, for a Very Good price. I thought that something must be wrong with the place, as the price was so cheap, but to my surprise, I had a lovely stay in a really nice room, very friendly staff, room was very clean, en suite, spacious, VERY comfortable Bed, and the Breakfast Tasted great. All in All, a lovely stay, I will be back here again for sure! Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We organised a weekend for 24 people staying at this hotel and it was wonderful. Everybody was happy with their rooms, the hotel is in a fabulous position and the staff are superb. Friday night had live music in the bar which was great and enjoyed by all. Sat nights the hotel has a disco (not my thing but enjoyed by many). As there is music in the bar there is obviously some noise - this didn't bother any of our party as we were not intending to have an early night!!! My room was on the main road facing the sea and it had very efficient double glazing - we thought it was very quiet until we opened the window in the morning. On Saturday night we ate in the restaurant and the food and the service was superb. 24 of us had a room to ourselves, we all got each of our courses within a few min of each other and the grub was beautiful - every steak was cooked as ordered (unusual in my experience!). I would recommend this hotel and restaurant to anybody visiting Clacton and hope to have a return visit myself.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The people at the hotel were lovely. We arrived on a bank holiday and after being stuck in m25 traffic for 4 hrs i was in a foul mood and to top it off we discovered my other half forgot to put the fully packed suitcase in the frikkin car before we left. So upon arrival I shamed my other half at reception by telling them said story. The woman was lovely and told me all about the local shopping, where to go for all my weekend bits and pieces and was very welcoming.
It's in a central location so the seaside is literally across the road.
I managed to get a few bits and bobs in the town centre but the shopping is pretty minimal in the area.
We decided to stay in the hotel for dinner as it is the nicest venue in the area and my boyfriend ordered a steak that you cook on a hot stone. OMG you HAVE to order this!!! It was gorgeous, especially when you put a little garlic butter on the stone to cook over.... serious sexy mouth moments!! Waiter & waitress again offered great service and a bit of banter which was fun and the mains were bog of on the saturday so it was amazing value.
Bedroom was lovely and clean, en suite, reasonably priced... I can't fault it barr one tiny thing. The blinds in our room were pretty leaky so I was awake at 7am from the sunlight but tbh it meant I had more day to chill out in the local arcades and sit by the sea!
You couldn't want for better service.

Room Tip: The higher up the stairs you are, the quieter it wiill be as there is a loud disco all night downsta...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed on a Friday evening when live music was played in the bar, which was a great atmosphere and very talented musician, also saw future listings of live music events to come.
Took advantage of a 2 courses for £12 offer in the restaurant, very good value. Advisable to book a table as it filled up quite quickly. Steak was cooked to perfection along with generous side orders made for a lovely meal. Couldn't fault the service, in the restaurant and bar area.
Room was clean and tidy and good value.
Would book and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013