“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Ocean Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
The Ocean Hotel
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times not badly priced and rooms are comfortable location is very good not far from the sea front or pier and the town center is just round the corner please be aware that it if you stay there on a Friday or Saturday it is very noisy the hotel had a live band on and there are numerous pubs and clubs in the immediate area so make sure you get the right room other wise sleepless nights are on the cards, breakfast is good full English and cereals coffee and tea offered

will stay here again ask for a better located room next time

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of the hotel not the front or side
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

On arrival staff were extremely helpful seeing us to our room. Prices was very reasonable, location was perfect. All the staff were extremely accommodating always smiling and ready to help. Manager Daniel was phenomenal in making sure everything ran smoothly and if we had any problems he was always on hand to help. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Rachel

• Stayed August 2013
Yelverton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had to go to Clacton for a reunion over a bank holiday weekend. I left booking a hotel a bit late and all the best choices were gone. However the reviews for the Ocean sounded good so I booked it as I seemed to have little choice. First impressions were that it wasn't as bad as I feared it could be. Yes the corridors were narrow and stairs steep, but this wasn't a problem for me as we only had light luggage. The welcome was friendly and the room although small was clean and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was also excellent with the staff very friendly. But......when I booked the room I was told there would be a disco on on the Saturday night. I agreed therefore to have a room on the second floor to be away from the disc as far as possible. This was a pointless exercise as the place across the road - directly opposite the room also had a disco. This was going both nights of our stay and even with double glazing windows shut and earplugs in there was still lots of noise until after 2am.

Also, although the bed in our room looked a very big bed, which is great, it was just 2 singles pushed together. Single beds are no good for me as I am over 6' and my feet just stick out the end! The shower in the bathroom was also the smallest size which makes showering very difficult especially when the water flow is very limited. The only soap was also a Carex dispenser.
The toilets were also masserator units which were very noisy and someone in an adjacent room seemed to want to operate theirs for an extended period in the middle of the night to add to all the disco noise.

So a nice try at trying to provide a decent hotel, but for me it fell down badly with 2 nights of bad sleep so reason for my low score.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just spent bank holiday Saturday at The Ocean, the staff were very helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived and allowed us to park the car even though we were about 3hours early for check in - the rooms were of a decent size and the bathroom was a great size although only had a shower - the shower head could have done with a descale as not as powerful as it looks and towels could be slightly bigger- the bed was too soft for me but that's a personal preference and the only other down side was there was no curtains just a blind which rattled due to the window being open. The breakfast was wonderful and just what we needed before our journey home. Would stay again :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a room to the back think a seaview room would have been to noisy due to the disco
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I would like say thank you to Danny and all the staff at the Ocean Hotel for fitting my partner and our grand children in at such short notice after finding out our caravan company had gone bust. The rooms were excellent , clean spacious and well laid out. We had a great time the live entertainment was brilliant the bar bustling without being overcrowded and the breakfast was superb proper bacon and sausage. once again thanks . Kevin ,Norma,Issac and Leah

Room Tip: Don t take the one over the bar when there is a band on, we were warned though
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We day tripped to Clacton and wanted a sea front lunch. We stopped here because we could see some of the dishes that fellow diners were enjoying and they looked pretty impressive.
We couldn't have been more pleased. It was a gloriously sunny day but the outdoor table was well shaded with an umbrella and we enjoyed a lovely sea breeze. We ordered fish and chips. It was sublime, so fresh it looked and tasted like it had just been caught, the chips were real and beautifully crisp and the portion size was extremely generous but it was so gorgeous i ate far too much. The service was warm and friendly and it felt like the staff genuinely cared if you enjoyed yourself.
This now means that every time I fancy fish and chips I am going to have to do a 90 mile round trip!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I emailed to ask for availability for a room. I managed to get a Double Room, with a sea view, for a Very Good price. I thought that something must be wrong with the place, as the price was so cheap, but to my surprise, I had a lovely stay in a really nice room, very friendly staff, room was very clean, en suite, spacious, VERY comfortable Bed, and the Breakfast Tasted great. All in All, a lovely stay, I will be back here again for sure! Excellent value for money!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends