“Brilliant Teamstars, they made our holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
“Brilliant Teamstars, they made our holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The resort is having some improvements done during the peak season which seems crazy but the Teamstars make up for it. My grandchildren love them. Especially Matt and Laura, who are amazing singers, and Kial and kaleigh who are great dancer.They all work so hard and never seem to run out of energy.x

2 Thank nannyambrose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a great time I have a 12 year old and 5 year old they was entertained constantly by the fabulous entertainment team who work there socks off !!
Lots if people moaning about the building works but all highfield are doing is improving the sight so there was not a play park big deal there will be and it's looks like it's going to be great !! Food caravan all great to !
Would highly recommend to all !

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Park R, General Manager at Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your review, it is very helpful for guests to get a feel for the park before they book.

I was really pleased to read that you had such a great time at the park, and appreciate your understanding over the building works. Indeed we agree that seeing a building site on a holiday park cannot be ideal, but in order to develop the park to the next level and improve in so many ways, we will always have to start somewhere. Hopefully once the development is finished, guests will really benefit from the massive investment .
This is just the first stage in a long term plan to elevate the park to the next level, so that we can continue to welcome holiday guests and owners to the park for years to come. It is not by luck that the park is full-up and has waiting lists in some cases to get onto the park.

We hope to see you again soon.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I came with a group of girls. The night life wasn't great but the park itself was fantastic the arcade was great! The performances were really good they are very talented! good value for money would recommend to all!

1 Thank Aprilltam
Thank you for posting your review. We hope that if you choose another break away, that you will consider coming back to stay with us again.

We were pleased to hear that overall you had an excellent time, and enjoyed the entertainment here.

Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was appalled that the promise of 'alternative' play areas for the kids didn't materialise ......the play park had been ripped up to make room for yet more caravan spaces, yet this left the kids with no where to play!, also the water activities, state that all children aged 8 or below must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the water.....that's no problem, yet when I tried to book water based activities for one of my kids aged 7 years 11 months I was told there was an upper age limit of 8!, yet nowhere in the information pack did it state this, hence I was left with a little one who was upset she couldn't participate!, the caravan was dirty, I spent time cleaning down the walls /cupboards between kitchen and bedrooms, and the toilet handle was loose, ( poor repair job at some point) this fell apart resulting in a bucket of water job to flush the loo, until I could report it, by the time a lovely gent came out to repair it, we had had enough and decided to vacate early! The receptionist could do with a bit of Matts (children's entertainer) personality injected into her, as she was so dour and monotoned, she have the impression she was bored to tears!! ......I love Park, and have used their resorts in the past......though I loved Clacton on sea, I doubt I'll visit this resort again if I'm honest....

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Helen B
Thank you for your review. It was disappointing to read your comments, as we always endeavour to offer our guests a great experience on the park. It is clear on this occasion that didn’t happen for you.

I am sorry that you missed the temporary play area we set up for the kids while the new one was started, it was and still is set up behind the outdoor pool so that families can use both facilities with ease. We have since put up the new equipment and left the temporary equipment, including bouncy castles, for the duration of the holidays.

If you have not already made contact with us about your stay overall, it would be worth calling the General Manager on 01255 424 244 to discuss this matter.

Thank you for leaving feedback, it is just a real shame to hear that you didn’t enjoy yourselves.

Essex, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

us as a whole had a good time with family and friends the entertainment had improved since last time and the team stars were good all and all had no complaints apart from the building work going on at moment which resulted in no play area for the kids ,and for some rudeness from the security on door at club which was uncalled for

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank M P
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and for noticing the improvements on the Entertainments side. I was sorry to see that you were disappointed with the building works, I hope that the look of this area didn’t detract from the rest of the park. There was always other play equipment set out for the children, it just wasn’t the old wooden swings that we have since replaced.

I have passed on your comments about the security to their manager, as we pride ourselves on the service levels of all the staff, so I must say this was a surprise to read. My apologies in any case.

Please do come back to the park again, you will see that the recent investment has made a big difference to the park.

Rochester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you have children I would recommend checking before going as the play area has been moved whilst building works are ongoing - there is also a lot of tree maintenance going on which is causing lots of noise especially early in the morning. I have been last week and we came home early I think each to their own on what you like or dislike on holiday but I will not be going back. We upgraded our caravan to a Silver Plus and was well worth the money but there is no shop as it was being re-located and the site food facilities are lacking so if you are driving you are fine if not get food before going into the park would be my recommendation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Giselle G
Thank you for posting a review of the park. I was sorry to note that you had some disruption to your break while you were here, and the building works spoilt your enjoyment of the holiday. I gather there was some delay in getting the new shop open, thankfully by having a 24-hour Tesco at the entrance to the park we were confident that the disruption to guests would be minimal.

The play area is back up and running, and the missing tower has been replaced with quite a few alternative bits of kit to cover its loss until the new one is put in. Again, we have done as much as we can, and for most families the additions have been welcomed. Thankfully the building work is moving into the landscaping phase, and the disruption is reducing.

It certainly was disappointing to hear that people were upset about the works, but the company is investing well over £500,000 into the park to make a number of improvements. The timing is not great, but once done everyone will benefit from it.

We hope that you will come back again to see our park once it is newly improved.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

First things first. Reception was lovely. Very welcoming. The only downside is their is building work going on. We understood this as all parks need to grow. This didn't effect our holiday even though plenty of people around us was moaning. The caravan was lovely and clean. Everything we needed was stocked. Beds all made. Perfect! Now into entertainment. My kids loved the entertainment. There was always something going on all day long. And the night time entertainment was brilliant! The shows are amazing and the teamstars, Kyle, Laura, Matt and Kayleigh! They all do a tremendous job and definitely need to be recognised for how much they do!!!! My son loved Matt!!! He still keeps going on about him! Overall. Best park I've been too in a long time and will be returning!!!! :D

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank HWoods566
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site. It has been refreshing to read such positive comments as well as recognising the building works. It is evident that you have not allowed these works to affect the holiday and I really do appreciate you explaining this as it must be very off putting for families considering coming here. Of course it goes without saying that we regret any inconvenience the works caused.

The improvements when finished will make such a difference to the look of the park, and improve the service we offer in making the play area new and bigger, and providing a better-located shop, integral to the complex.

Thank you for taking the time to mention the team individually, it is always a good sign when you know them all by their first names. This can only come when you spend time with the team and get to know them.

We hope to see you again soon.