“Camping fun”

Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Went here with the mates from cokkege. Saw a show it was a but for the kids but then when the cabaret came in we really let out hair down. A really handsome bloke called Chris lafferty's hopefully he hasn't got a girlfriend because I am totally in love with him. Seen him twice before and so happy he was inZ great entertainment and the staff are cool. Deffo coming back when he's here

Stayed: August 2014
Park R, General Manager at Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

I am pleased you were able to let your hair down and enjoy your time at Highfield Grange.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our holiday to highfield grange was a sun holiday and to be totally honest we did have a good time, the weather was fantasic which really helped and the entertainment staff were enthusiastic and friendly & provided us and our two 9 year old boys with lots of fun activities. Yes it is a building site but it didn't bother us too much as we have a car so was able to go to the local beach. We did upgrade from a bronze caravan to a silver which wasn't brilliant as we had half inch gaps in some windows (nice breeze as it was very warm) but it was clean and comfortable. Our only disappointment was the reception staff as when we returned home we realised we had left some valuables in the caravan and when phoning up to inform the staff it was obvious they didn't want to help us audit took 4 days to chase the items.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Paula C

Let me firstly thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay here at Highfield Grange - your comments regarding the entertainment are gratefully received.

I am sorry you experienced gaps in your windows. We are in the process of checking all our holiday homes for repairs so I am confident that if it was not repaired during your stay it will be noted and resolved in this process. I have noted however that you found your holiday home to be clean and comfortable otherwise.

We always endeavour to reunite our guests with their lost property. I am sorry there was a delay in doing so but I am confident that the team in reception were proactive in following up with the relevant department.

Once again thank you for your comments. It is very important to hear our guests’ feedback so that we have the opportunity to improve the service we offer. Please be assured your comments have been forwarded to the relevant Heads of Departments.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I come to our caravan regularly at Highfield Grange. I agree the building work could have been better timed to avoid the childrens holidays. However noting the reviews that are not happy about the dog poo around the park, surely it is down to the dog owners to be responsible to pick up the dog poo and put it into one of the many dog poo bins around the park? Also regarding litter, when I walk my dog in the morning there is always one or two members of staff litter picking and if people didn't drop the litter or leave bags of rubbish outside their caravans this would reduce the amount of litter? My family and I love going into the Boathouse, all the staff are polite,hard working, friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is lovely, I am partial to the potato wedges and the sandwiches are fresh, lovely salad garnish and very tasty. Big thanks to Kim, Sean ,Amy,Josh, Sam and all the rest of the bar staff. Not forgetting the kitchen staff and the brilliant entertainers who are always on the go

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your continued loyalty and fabulous feedback. I have ensured all the Heads of Department are aware of your comments and will ensure they are passed on to the team members.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Health and safety a joke, arrived to a dirty and broken caravan had to badger for repairs. Heaven forbid you need the first aider like we did, head straight to the walk in. Repairs guy lovely and security helpful. Didn't enjoy the smell of weed either.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank missybats

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Customer feedback is extremely important to us so we are able to pinpoint or identify areas in which we can improve.

The team on park have strict guidelines to which they must adhere regarding Health and Safety and I am unable to comment further without additional information.

We have a number of first aiders available on park with a minimum of one on any given day to deal with a medical emergency. In most circumstances we do advise our guests to visit the local walk-in centre the details of which can be found on the map; or the team in reception can help with directions.

I’m pleased to note your positive feedback regarding both our security and maintenance teams. I have passed on your feedback to each of the departments I and am glad they were able to assist you.

Please accept my apologies for the fact you were unable to enjoy your time at Highfield Grange.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our caravan was dirty on arrival and included a needle in the carpet. We complained but it took far too long before anyone offered to do anything about it and with two children, this was upsetting. We were upgraded to lovely accommodation but the park was disappointing. The pool was cold and has wrecked my family's swimming costumes, they've changed colour. There was dog poo and litter around the park and the guide we had in our accommodation that highlighted the entertainment was incorrect. There wasn't any after 2pm. The entertainment staff worked hard and were 'entertaining' but our overall impression was this is somewhere we will not be returning to in a hurry!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Smallbeak
Park R, General Manager at Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I was very shocked to read your comments about finding the sewing needle. That certainly shouldn’t be something you have to find yourself, and it has been raised with the teams that they need to check thoroughly for this type of thing.

We keep the water treatment records for 7 years, and the pools are tested every 2 hours manually, and 24 hours a day by a computer. We have the most up-to-date treatment system we can for commercial pools, and I monitor this myself too as well as sending off a water sample monthly to be tested in a lab for microbiological cultures. We take every precaution possible in the pools, and I am sorry that your costumes were ruined. We have only had one other report this year about a ruined costume, and the readings on the pool are all in the normal operating parameters.

We offer a comprehensive Entertainments programme that starts in the morning and runs until the close of the bar, so I am sorry you missed some of this. We put the schedule in the packs and on the notice boards and video screens.

Naturally we were sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience, that certainly would not be our intention. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we will use the comments to review every aspect of what we do, and make changes where they need to be made.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

the teamstars made this our best holiday yet, not only did they keep our kids entertained from morning to night but us adults as well. laura and kyle did there bit but kayliegh and especially Matt are superstars- such energy, helpfulless and fun that made us all laugh so much. You cant be praised enough. Massive well done and thank you to you all- we will be back for more

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review, I know the team really enjoyed reading it. They are indeed a special bunch, and we hope to keep them here for 2015 so that we can continue to build on the people that we have here. They get on so well, and love their jobs like you would not believe. I am sure this comes across in their interactions with you all.

Please do come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

would have cancelled had we known just how bad this was from a filthy caravan with a badly leaking tap that never got fixed, to JCBs and angle grinders waking us up, dust and nails all over the place and the kiddies replacement park is a joke, what a waste of money and time 520 mile round journey, who would choose to turn a holiday park into a building site in the height of the childrens hols? really hacked off my daughter was so let down.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael S

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to read that you were so unhappy with the development works. Indeed they have not been great to look at for a few weeks while the main demolitions took place, but the holiday caravans were located on the other side of the park, away from the site.

I have previously mentioned in replies about the main reasons for the development, suffice to say the number of families wanting to holiday and own here has now reached such levels that we were turning families away. In order to keep up with demand, we had to develop. We all agree that timing could have been better, a winter development on a 12-month park would have been a lot messier, dangerous, and hampered by shorter daylight hours, and we just couldn’t turn all the families away.

The park will benefit massively from the overall investment, it wasn’t just about the pitches, the new shop, new play area, new roads, more lighting, paths etc. will elevate this park way above the others in the area. The popularity of the park is growing, and whilst we acknowledge that there have been some tough decisions to make and some disruption, we need to move the park forward. There was never going to be a good time to make such big changes, but the end result we firmly believe will be stunning.

We offer a unreserved apology to anyone who has genuinely been inconvenienced by the works, I hope you can appreciate that the teams have done their best to look after you all.

We hope that you will return to see the fruits of our labour soon.