“Don't bother !!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Don't bother !!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked this for a treat for my son's 16th birthday, we were all very disappointed as there is hardly anything for the older children to do. We were not informed of any building works being carried out on site and our caravan was directly behind the works. We were awoken very early to the sound of diggers which sounded like it was in our actual caravan. The caravan itself was of a good standard. There is only 2 lots of 2 hour slots that you can use the pool which is not enough time and they get very busy so can't swim anyway. The site is dangerous whilst the works are being carried out as cars coming from all directions with hardly any paths in use at the moment. A lot of locals being let onto the park with no checks being made to passes. The staff were very nice and helpful all but the man with glasses who works in the arcade, who is VERY RUDE, MISERALE AND ARROGANT. HE SHOULD DEFINATELY NOT BE WORKING IN THE ARCADE AMONGST SO MANY CHILDREN ! When asked for help he moaned and stomped about like he was 5 years old. Will not be visiting this site again, I wasted my time and money and it spoilt my sons birthday. Very disappointed. !!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank KAREN W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

COMPLAINT LETTER SENT AS BELOW - BEWARE - UNHELPFUL MANAGEMENT - RECENTLY RECEIVED REPLY LETTER JUST FULL OF EXCUSES AND NO REFUND - NEXT STOP - SMALL CLAIMS COURT!!
Check the photos out that I have uploaded - Nice One Highfield Grange, thank you so much for ruining our holiday, we won't ever be back, one word "DISGRACEFUL".

A large scale building works for which I have attached photos was in operation during our stay for which I had no notification, this ruined our holiday and far from having a "relaxing" time, caused much stress and disappointment especially for my two children.

When I stated my disappointment at not been notified of this building work at reception I was informed "we did try to phone people to let them know", I replied that I had certainly received no such phone call and my phone is on 24 hours a day.

When I asked the receptionist why there had been no email or letter sent to me informing me of building work to enable me to make a choice as to whether to stay at Highfield Grange, the receptionist replied "we dont have time to send group emails".

The icing on the cake for ruining our family holiday came later in the week when I went to take my two children to the Adventure Play Area only to have to watch it being dug out of the ground and destroyed before their eyes, try explaining that to two children! This was one of the main attractions along with the water Chute for choosing Highfield Grange.

When I asked at reception why the Adventure Play Area was destroyed during our stay the receptionist replied "the builders came early and just done it, we didn't know it was going to happen".

I was finally informed that next year Highfield Grange would be amazing but as I explained at reception, that really wasn't going to be much help to us this year with our holiday being ruined.

I further reported the fact that the Water Chute was broken for the last few days of our stay, I recall the lifeguard whilst in the pool saying "there's going to be nothing left", and how right he was.

I feel totally duped and note that I have received multiple emails both informational and requesting final payment from you but at no point have I received any notification of this major building work being carried out during our stay. I also note that the Adventure Play Area is still being advertised on your website as an attraction even though it actually no longer exists.

Please accept this letter of complaint as a request for a full and unconditional refund based on the facts that I have outlined above.

I sincerely hope that my terrible experience of this "holiday" is not a reflection of the Park Resorts group and look forward to a positive response and resolution to my complaint as soon as possible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank CockneyTangerine71
Brandon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have a motor home booked the deal online although a little expensive peak time, upon arrival there building works throughout, we went to check out the resort we were sadly disgusted with the toilets, they were smelly, toilets were blocked, locks were broken, the floors were wet and sticky, did not feel comfortable using them, we did not use the clubhouse as we're came with our dog, we also had travellers on the week we went, which were very noisy and had partied on site till 4am, life outside the park was great lovely town and beach however we would strongly not recommend this resort park and won't be return again unfortunately .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sunseeker1990
Chelmsford
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visit various Park Resorts as they are extremely good value for money and close to home (we live in Essex). Martello Beach, Seawick and a little further afield, Felixstowe are all cheap as chips fantastic breaks away especially if you have young children. We either use their static caravans or take a tent. As we have recently purchased out own touring caravan we thought we'd book a nice cheap 6 days. As it is smack bang in the summer holidays there was no space at Martello so we settled for Highfield Grange a little further inland for a very reasonable £120. Upon arrival we were greeted by the expansive, unattended building works which we were aware of from reading other review. The touring caravan area is very rightly packed and right on the main road. There is very little privacy and nowhere but the road around the caravans for the kids play. The toilet block was disgusting. Toilet roll was never present, they stunk and the urinals have buckets underneath to catch the leaks. Not that they did anything though as the floor around them was covered in 'it'. The kids normally love the evening entertainment as they can make friends and we can sit back and keep an eye in them. No chance here though as the clubhouse is huge, packed and all but completely pitch black around the seating area. We could barely see each other while we stood looking for the kids. Also if you don't get down there before the bingo really early, you so t sitting down. I also didn't feel safe leaving the kids to find friends on the dance floor due the standards of the other guests. Utter scumbag children spitting and swearing and barging into smaller children. Not pleasant at all. Add to that, on the first morning we woke up at the park 5 caravans worth of travellers turned up. Their children made the chavs at the clubhouse seem like saints. I watched as, for absolutely no reason, 4 traveller children pummelled the life out of a poor child as he rode past them on his bike. My car was scratche from them leaning their bikes against it and they tried to gang up on my 5 year old son. We locked ourselves in our caravan and kept out of the way watching tv through fear of going outside. At 4am the next morning I heard screaming and shouting and witnessed a horrible fist fight between the travellers. The next morning we hitched up and left. The saddest thing was my children did not protest about leaving. They knew we were not safe and that the park is just awful. The only saving grace is the pool complex. I suspect the travellers won't be leaving any time soon so, if you are taking your own caravan avoid Highfield and book Martello Beach or one of he other brilliant Park Resorts.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Hollywood4130
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Building works on site dangerous no paths to clubhouse no lighting.Touring toilet block filthy grass waterlog could not use it. Had to pay for dog but it had to stay in motorhome most of the time could not go inside clubhouse or arcades. Park not very clean no checks on passes going in and out of park. Will not be going to park again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank gerry b
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

we traveled over 220 miles to get here . the thought of a great park and swimming pool was great with having 3 kids . a month before we arrived was told they were doing work on the park ..when we got on sight the reception didnt realy wont no .... pitches very tight shower block was crap worse ever seen ..the swimming pool was great very happy with that ... the park wasnt worth talking about nothing realy there ... after couple days was told the touring will no longer be at high field grange next year .witch explained the rubbish showers toilet block ... very glad they not doing touring next year because this is a site i will not miss ..................................

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary A
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Good service , staff nice like Kyle who is very welcoming ! Please congratulate him! But loads of work being done so pretty dangerous when crossing roads as you are waking in the road as they have fenced of the pavement as that is part of the work but still good caravans in good condition arcades good really happy thanks we all had a amazing time !!

But also there was a powerful from 11:00 to 2:30 as one of the builders cut through one of the wires. We left at 11 came back at 2 still power cut then our friends came back on !
This was a bummer because no one could be fed., kindly, a neighbour Lent us a cigar lighter to light the oven with. !

Please improve and hopefully we will come back in years to come !

Hope review helps