“Never again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Valley Farm Holiday Park - Park Resorts
“Never again”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Looking forward to a long weekend away, just me and my daughter and her friend, arrived Friday,at 2.30' got key to silver caravan straight away, ok it wasn't best caravan I've stayed in but when I booked it I was told it was last caravan available !!! Found out different when I spoke to people !!! So before finding this out decided to stay put . Boat restarant seemed quite nice, ordered food which took forever, finally arrived, I had a burger which wasn't too bad, chips were rubbish nachos , well what happened to the cheese !! But thought 1st day don't worry !! Now for the bingo, all the years I have stayed on caravan sites, which have bin many, we all look forward to bingo but no, found this truly awful, it's like being at gala bingo, what happened to the old way of bingo, electronic machine on a table, amounts chalked up on a board!!!! No I hated it too much rushing, too many parks involved in the game, while u r playing, other parks are pausing the game, it's diabolical , played once and decided never ever go to a park resorts again, then to top it all my daughters friend mislaid her bag which stupidly had £150 and never saw it again, so dishonest people around !!!! Basically even though it was nice being away from home for couple of days, caravan was basic and smelly, bingo rubbish, also not a proper chip shop, swimming pool rubbish, shop very very basic, won't ever ever be going back to this park or any other park resorts !!!!!

Room Tip: No comment
2 Thank Amh64
Park R, General Manager at Valley Farm Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read your comments on Valley Farm, we do our utmost to create amazing memories for all of our guests and it seems we have let you down on this occasion. I can assure you this is not our usual practice. Your comments have been passed to all departments in order for us to learn and improve.

To my knowledge, the bag was handed into security and returned to you with the money still present once we had tracked you down, so I’m pleased that this was resolved.

01255 422 484

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay and found that Charlie was the best team star with the kids and even in the shows he looked really good and some of them seemed to of forgotten some of the steps but managed to keep it going and Jasmine was also really good with the kids

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, and for posting your kind comments about Valley Farm’s entertainment team. They will be thrilled to hear that they played a part in your successful holiday with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Resorts in the future.

essex
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my third time here and can say the worst. The caravan was cold and damp and you could not open the windows because of rust. It felt like I had wet duvet on at night because of damp and the carpets were very stained and dirty. I requested a caravan in the area I stayed in last time as we were very happy with that one clean and comfortable. The caravan opposite me was covered in green slime which was an eye sore when oppening door. On the whole the rest of the resort was ok. But not happy to be put in this van just because that was a busy period . And could not be moved. Came home with a cold because of dampness

3 Thank hellsbells_10
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologise that your accommodation was not as expected. I am aware that it was a Bronze grade holiday home which is only guaranteed to have a gas fire in the lounge, although extra heaters are available on request from the housekeeping team. We would recommend that guests bring a plug-in heater just for extra comfort during the colder months.

I hope you do not judge us too harshly on this incident and return to us in the summer months for your usual fantastic holiday experience!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for the Easter weekend and booked a platinum caravan. First impressions were ok the park looked average. We visited the park as we were too early to book in, the park was awful! Weeds everywhere, stinging nettles which worried me as our youngest daughter is 1. We didn't bother with the park again! Once we got the keys we made out way to the caravan and first impressions were good. There is no parking outside caravans so you have to park I'm the car parks which wood have been fine however there were no spaces! We had to park out of sight of the caravan which isn't ideal when your unloading a car for 5 people. The caravan itself looked nice but was filthy! The white Lino I don't think had ever been mopped, our socks were black within minutes of being inside. The dust under the ATM chair was unbelievable, I had to mop the floors and dry them due to the filth. There were dirty knickers left in the bedroom drawers, the mattress had a stain on it and no mattress protectors are on any of the mattress's which isn't the case in other parks I've stayed in. The kitchen window didn't open, the French doors didn't close properly and when we pulled the bed out in the front room...well lets just say we had to close it back up as it was filthy. The entertainment was ok and the children enjoyed it. I have been to several park resorts and never had any issues as have always been clean but valley farm hasn't met my expectations at all!

1 Thank enotika
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We do ask that should you experience any issues with your holiday home, this is reported to reception as soon as possible to allow us to rectify this without causing disruption to your holiday. We do our utmost to ensure that your holiday home exceeds your expectations - however it would appear that we got this wrong on this occasion.
This is certainly not our usual practice, and I do hope you will consider Park Resorts for your future UK holidays.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We recently enjoyed a long weekend break at Valley Farm. Whilst I have been to several holiday parks around the country, this was my first trip to a park in Clacton.
We booked a gold plus caravan and we were in fact given a lovely brand new caravan which was only put on the site 2 days previous.
The site itself is nice, big enough but not too big. It's clean and generally well kept. The boathouse bar and restaurant is particularly nice, we enjoyed a lovely breakfast here which was good value for money. A special mention to Heather who worked here, she was very helpful and pleasant and couldn't do enough to help.
I didn't know what to expect from this park but have to say was happy with it and we had a very nice break and would return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Valley Farm Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We are so pleased you had an enjoyable holiday here at Valley Farm and would love for you to visit us again. Clacton is great for a family break away. Thank you for your kind comments regarding Heather, she always goes out of her way to ensure customers are having a great time, I’m glad this did not go unnoticed.

Valley Farm Holiday park

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

On arrival we found the grounds clean which was a good start, how ever it went down hill from them. The caravan we found broken cupboards, locks, the sofa need repairing. The beds was of very poor quality. The patio outside the caravan the slabs was loose causing a trip hazard. Maybe We should of upgraded our caravan to a Platinum Caravan. The swim pool is a little run down, and you had to book hour slots and this is not in peak season. Also you had to pay to use the lockers which were NON refundable. I found the lack of activities during the day, play area for the children was full of litter, stinging nettles, missing safety mats and in desperate need of a re-paint. The club house for two days I found the toilets blocked and they smelled. I not a lover of Bingo but i know you have to be quite, I think they should tell their bar staff I heard all their conversation. The only saving grace was the weather.

1 Thank John H
It was so disappointing to read that you were unhappy with your holiday here. This is not our usual standard and I would like to apologise for letting you down on this occasion. With regards to the swimming sessions, this is only something we run during excessively busy periods to ensure everyone gets a chance to use the swimming pool during their holiday. Your comments regarding the activities will be passed to management to ensure improvements are made. The play area is currently under refurbishment with the final touches, taking place in the next few weeks. We would love for you to visit us again, so we can demonstrate our usual high standards and you can see the many improvements we have made. Thank you for your feedback as without this we are unable to learn and improve.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

It was a very long trip in the car but it was worth it! When we arrived we collected our key and looked for our caravan on the map. The map was very confusing though. Our caravan was Very clean and tidy. We stayed in a 'Gold+' so we expected it to be very big and clean. At the night the kids went to 'Madness 'n Mayhem'. It was a very good entertainment show. It's when kids can go up and play games and earn a certificate. My child went up but lost the game. All the 'Teamstars' were kind and funny, Especially- 'Smiley' Kylie. Charr (a very good singer) also. The boys were very good at entertaining as well. In the nights they had special guests and awesome stuff like that. The kids did party dances that exhausted them. The 'Teamstars' did a lot of shows and songs and dances to entertain the kids and adults. For the adults at 11PM there was a 'Late night Hub' if your interested in music from all times. Also there was an arcade where the kids spent most of the time in. They collected tickets to win prizes but all they chose at the end was a bouncy ball.

Room Tip: Gold+ was a very good caravan.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your fantastic review of Valley Farm. It was lovely to read how much you enjoyed your holiday and that you found something to keep everyone entertained. We do hope the kids have better luck on your next visit to ‘Madness n Mayhem’. Please make sure you call us direct for our latest offers.