Valley Farm Holiday Park - Park Resorts
US$86
The Sandrock(Clacton-on-Sea)
Adelaide Guesthouse(Clacton-on-Sea)
Travelocity
All reviewsgold caravanholiday parkfish and chip shopindoor poolbar staffevery eveninga lovely holidayon site shopmy mumclacton pierentertainment teammonday to fridaymin drivefamily holidaycome homeout of seasonshort break
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Took my kids to Valley Farm for the weekend, borrow our friend's caravan. Kid's loved the pool and it wasn't too busy! They made friends with the lifeguards and nice manager, Fraser. Definitely will try and go back in the summer when the open outdoor pool opens. Kids also enjoyed the entertainment :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Valley Farm Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. The outdoor pool opens on the 23rd May and closes on the 1st September 2014 so you have plenty of time for a visit in the sunshine!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Valley Farm this summer.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Me and my partner decided we fancied a week away and so found an offer on group on for a four day break. We had never considered Clacton on Seas as somewhere we would go but bye the time we had got round to booking a lot of the other resorts in North Wales and Northumbria had sold out so we thought we would give it a go. We arrived on the site at 18.30ish after a long journey but quite hassle free and also cheap as we booked it in advance. The reception was closed but their was notice stating to go to the bar to pick our keys up. The person in the bar was friendly and explained how to find our caravan. When we got their we were impressed at its size and how modern it was. However we were not impressed that the beds had not been made up as they should of been, we walked back to the bar and they arranged for someone to drop bed linen off which was done pretty quickly but we then had to make the beds our-self which was a bit of a hassle as they dropped off a massive bag and we had to find the right size for our bed, we were tired and just wanted to relax. The beds were comfy enough and I got a good nights sleep. The caravan seemed clean however some of the crockery and cutlery was dirty and we were surprised their was no tin opener, I thought this would of been a standard.
Their were a coupe issues with the caravan such as the bits of wood hanging off surfaces but nothing too serious. The pool was ok and I enjoyed the sauna too. We went to the bar on the second evening and the bar prices were expensive, £2.55 for a J20. The restaurant seemed very expensive so we gave it a miss and self catered apart from one night when we got a Chinese delivered. I think the entertainments staff were not used to seeing a young couple at the resort and we felt a bit ignored and were not given the chance to join in the quiz. Another evening we were going to play bingo but it was £6 to play which I though was expensive so we gave it a miss. We watched the entertainment once night it was a guy doing juggling and uni-cycling which could of been cheesy but in fact was really good despite his overtly sexual jokes which I am not sure were suitable for the children. Other than that we didn't really watch the entertainment, it wasn't really our thing. We went to shop on site to have a look and it had all the things you would expect as also as you would expect it was a little overpriced. Their is an arcade on the site too which is okay for a bit of fun.
We didn't really spend that much time on site but from what we did it was all okay, Clacton on Sea was good, I think I though it would be like Blackpool but it wasn't really, seemed relaxed and the coastal walk from Clacton to Jaywick is stunning. All in all a good resort and better than I expected.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graph82

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday here and that your stay exceeded your expectations. A tin opener should come as standard, so I would like to apologise that this was not in there for you. Please do not hesitate to contact reception in future, we are here to help if anything is not as it should be. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the local area. We are very lucky to be situated so close to the seafront with plenty of cafes and seating areas to take a rest on during a leisurely stroll along the stretch of beach here.

Thanks again for your comments and we would love to see you back here in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Have just arrived back from a wonderful Monday to Friday break at Valley Farm. This was booked through the Sun holiday offers but did upgrade to a silver caravan, only due to allergies to dogs, so unable to confirm in a bronze caravan if a dog had been in.

On arrival at the park, arrived about 1.30pm, were able to collect park passes and informed would be 'phoned if caravan ready early. Went for a walk around the local area, which is housing estate, and visited the local 'Range' store. Did not get a call but went back at 2.30pm, allocated time fro collecting keys, and key was ready, so very happy with the service. Both ladies in the reception were very pleasant and friendly.

On entering the caravan was very impressed, all areas were clean and tidy. It smelt fresh as well. The beds were all made up nicely.

We went into Clacton, by car taking minutes or alternatively by walking about 30 minutes - which we did a couple of times. A nice area with lots to do. On arrival back to the caravan there was a smell of gas. We called the number on the key fob, for security, who stated thought it was just one of the canisters emptying, the gentleman came to see us within a few minutes. He confirmed what he first thought and put our minds at rest. The smell soon cleared up and did not return.

All members of park staff, we had any dealings with, were very polite, very friendly and all seemed very happy.

Definitely worth a stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review, it sounds like you really enjoyed your stay here! All the team here work very hard to ensure that all of our guests feel welcome and happy during their stay - I am pleased this service did not go unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Valley Farm in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Looking forward to a long weekend away, just me and my daughter and her friend, arrived Friday,at 2.30' got key to silver caravan straight away, ok it wasn't best caravan I've stayed in but when I booked it I was told it was last caravan available !!! Found out different when I spoke to people !!! So before finding this out decided to stay put . Boat restarant seemed quite nice, ordered food which took forever, finally arrived, I had a burger which wasn't too bad, chips were rubbish nachos , well what happened to the cheese !! But thought 1st day don't worry !! Now for the bingo, all the years I have stayed on caravan sites, which have bin many, we all look forward to bingo but no, found this truly awful, it's like being at gala bingo, what happened to the old way of bingo, electronic machine on a table, amounts chalked up on a board!!!! No I hated it too much rushing, too many parks involved in the game, while u r playing, other parks are pausing the game, it's diabolical , played once and decided never ever go to a park resorts again, then to top it all my daughters friend mislaid her bag which stupidly had £150 and never saw it again, so dishonest people around !!!! Basically even though it was nice being away from home for couple of days, caravan was basic and smelly, bingo rubbish, also not a proper chip shop, swimming pool rubbish, shop very very basic, won't ever ever be going back to this park or any other park resorts !!!!!

Room Tip: No comment
2  Thank Amh64

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read your comments on Valley Farm, we do our utmost to create amazing memories for all of our guests and it seems we have let you down on this occasion. I can assure you this is not our usual practice. Your comments have been passed to all departments in order for us to learn and improve.

To my knowledge, the bag was handed into security and returned to you with the money still present once we had tracked you down, so I’m pleased that this was resolved.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay and found that Charlie was the best team star with the kids and even in the shows he looked really good and some of them seemed to of forgotten some of the steps but managed to keep it going and Jasmine was also really good with the kids

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, and for posting your kind comments about Valley Farm’s entertainment team. They will be thrilled to hear that they played a part in your successful holiday with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Resorts in the future.