“So good we had to have one!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Weeley Bridge Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a lovely 4 day break, our first visit to the site and we came up trumps! The location is great, the camp is lovely & clean and not too big. Every member of staff we met was really friendly and genuine, so much so that we decided to buy a caravan! You can't say better than that.

The site is ideally placed for visiting the many beaches in the vicinity but if you prefer countryside then that is there in swathes too.

We fully appreciated the reasons when we asked why there was no shop on site, and it made us venture into the village where the residents & the shop staff were also very friendly & welcoming. There are also huge supermarkets not far away and a factory outlet 'village' for those who want that.

Our holiday caravan was very near to the lake and we had frequent visits from the wildlife. It was good to see how much the lake was used by people fishing; I almost wished I knew how to fish myself.

If we hadn't bought our own caravan, I have no doubts whatsoever that we would have become frequent paying customers. I thoroughly recommend the site.

Room Tip: You may like to request a location away from the entertainment centre, although we were quite near...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Weeley Bridge Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the park. It was such a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your time here.
Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our staff, the whole team take great pride in the service and standards here and I know that your words of praise will mean a lot to them. I’m really pleased to welcome you as an Owner here and I’m sure that you will enjoy many years of holidays with us here at Weeley Bridge.

Our next event is our free Owners' Breakfast on July 20th, I hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you there.

we have been to Weeley Bridge for 5 years running now
Every stay as been as good as the first.
It is a fishing Haven for anyone who enjoys their fishing.

All Staff are very helpful friendly and welcoming

Always book our next years holiday at weeley Bridge before we leave

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding our park. It is very rewarding to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay and keep coming back to us year on year. It’s a real pleasure to see familiar guests continue to return to us and it means a great deal to myself and the team that you rate us so highly.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our second holiday at weeley and it was just as great as the first time the ducks came to visit us every day one actually came in the caravan for breakfast the fishing lake is lovely and my husband caught some large fish we will be going back very soon.The staff are very polite and helpful

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of us, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. It’s always good to hear how much guests enjoy our fishing lake and I’m glad your husband caught some big fish.

I am particularly pleased to read your observations about our team, we are all very committed to making sure you get the most out of your holiday.

I look forward to having you back for your third stay.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just spent my first week at Weeley Bridge.Every thing was perfect the staff were very helpful and polite.The fishing was fantastic and Suzie in the bar cooks a fantastic meal,all the other bar staff were freindly and polite.I have booked to go back same time next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about our park, I’m pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed the fishing and will let Suzie know how much you appreciated her cooking.

I look forward to welcoming you back next year and hope you become a regular visitor.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is an excellent holiday park. It is very well laid out and cared for with caravans spaced well apart. There are a couple of small ponds and a very pretty fishing lake which guests can use free of charge. There are ducks, moorhens and squirrels wandering all over the park and the ducks held races on our caravan roof, at least that's what it sounded like. The staff are very friendly, efficient and polite and made us feel very welcome. We had a 2 bedroomed gold plus caravan with a verandah (and ramp) which was lovely. We had asked for one near the lake as my husband likes fishing and were slightly disappointed to find that we had been allocated one at the opposite end of the site, but we didn't complain as we had been told there were no guarantees. We will definitely return to Weeley Bridge again and hope for a caravan near the lake next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

First time at this very pretty caravan site. We loved the caravan around the lake, the wildlife kept us amused! ducks!! The site is immaculate! it is well looked after. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. William in reception is very patient, sorting out our booking for next year! yes definitely going back.

Room Tip: book a gold caravan or gold plus!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words about the park, we’re very proud of our surroundings here at Weeley Bridge. Our grounds team work very hard to ensure that the park looks immaculate and will be very pleased to hear your comments.

I hope that your next stay will be even better than the first.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had a long weekend break once again. Have stayed there loads of times and just keep going back. All staff are friendly, nothing is too much trouble for them! Will I Am (William) in Sales office was really helpful in getting us suitable accommodation. The accommodation that we stayed in this time was really comfortable, loads of utensils supplied in the kitchen. It must have been a privately owned caravan being let out. The only downside was that there was no heating in bathroom and bedrooms, but we did not let it spoil our stay! Entertainment team were brilliant, they entertained no matter how many people in the room. Back again in September and of course next year for more fishing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our park, I believe that each and every review helps us improve our service here at Weeley Bridge and it’s fantastic to read that you enjoyed yourself so much.

I’m very proud of my team who all work incredibly hard and I know reviews such as yours really mean a lot to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back in September.