“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #11 of 14 Clacton-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Lancing, England, United Kingdom
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Horrible owner. As soon as we walked through the door it seemed as though we were dirt on the bottom on his feet. Though we probably were given the state of the 'hotel.' Carpet was foul and didn't even cover the whole room. Promise of a tv, you just don't expect that you can't see the thing. Milk was mouldy.
A smile from the owner probably would have made that stay a little bit bearable. I highly advise anyone to think again about staying here. It's 'cheap' but it's not worth it. An extra tenner to stay at the travelodge not far away is a far better investment, we only visited there, but their staff even cared more about us than this owner.

Room Tip: Don't choose any!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steph W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I was absolutely appalled with the hospitality of the owner of this hotel. When we first arrived he demanded we had not paid, we were unsure but he had a massive go at us which he didn't need to do! Then if matters couldn't get worse, we could not view the tv from our bed. In the morning we were relaxing in bed at 10.00, when we had a VERY rude hard banging on our door and a man yelling that we needed to be out by half 10. How is this hotel still allowed to run?? It's an absolute abomination that this man is allowed to be in the hotel business!!!!!!!!!! I felt like I was treated like a common animal...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica Y

Travellers are raving about these Clacton-on-Sea hotels

Luton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

when we arrived owner was grumpy to say the least i know it was only £40 pound for the night but he had heating troubles and it was the day it was 30 degrees the breakfast was nice but i would not go there again or recommend it .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Harlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have recently visited this hotel and although very wary of going after having read the previous reviews, the look and price seemed worth the effort. Myself and my daughter were having a cheap girlie weekend and thought we would give it a try. The rooms were very clean and tidy and had a home from home feel, the gentleman who greeted us was very inviting and welcomed us with a smile and we instantly felt comfortable. Although the rooms are not en-suite the location of the bathroom and toilets are within easy reach and are clean and kept to a good standard. The bar area in which you can relax and enjoy has a TV and is warm and welcoming. This hotel made our weekend and we would definitely go again and would recommend that you try it especially as it is right near the beach and pier and is very cheap. The Breakfast was superb too.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Me and my partner booked this hotel as a cheap place to stay for a driving course I was taking, firstly I fully agree with the first three comments above. To start off with we were greeted very rudely by a man who appears not to know the meaning of a friendly smile, apart from being rude he had no sense of the requirements of his job. After he finally found out the room we where staying in he walked us down a uncleaned hallway. After we lugged our bags up three flights of stairs we finally reached our door. Hoping for something a little bit more co-habitable we were welcomed to a hot and sticky box room with a double bed touching each side of the walls, the smell was enough to make your eyes water. Next time we stay in Clayton we have picked a bench that boasts better facilitys

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank southendlad
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I had booked with this hotel on Friday and thought that it looked ok from the photos but do not be fooled this place is filthy , our sheets had stains all over them,the man that runs the hotel was not very friendly and there is NO TOILET OR SHOWER in the rooms, the view is awful but the thing that bothered me the most was how disgusting the place was, it looked like the place had not been cleaned for YEARS... I felt like I could not breath it was so dirty. I would not allow my dog to sleep in this place,I do not rate it at all and think that it should be shut down,,,I am unable to submit this unless I rate it so I will just give it one although it does not deserve anything.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Roulla
Welwyn Garden City, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I booked this hotel with my daughter and payed £20 per person. went cheap and chearfull so didnt expect much but did expect it to be cleaned. my room was filthy, carpet not hoovered, dust everywear and dirty bed linen, the whole place smelt a bit. Needs a good clean and updating. cant comment on breakfast as i didnt want to risk it. the only good thing was the location, right near the see front, near to the pier.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family