“Great beers”

The Old Lifeboat House
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Four very good real ales on tap the only good beer we had in Clacton great to have a quite drink without screaming children running about

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Used this pub for 4 years. Very clicky. One small plate of cheese & a dish off onions was on the bar. With me being disabled, a man at the bar offered me the cheese & biscuits but he got shouted at saying people have got banned for less. That was embarrassing. Last straw /chance for me was when I went to the bar. Not wanting to cause more trouble, I Picked a plate of onions off the bar to offer to my son who was also at the bar, as politeness. I got threatened with being barred. The Scottish gentleman then embarrassed me in front of the whole pub & told my son if he wanted an onion he should walk around all the customers to take one. We Spent £50 in this pub & won't be going back!!

3  Thank krissiegr8
Reviewed 17 August 2017

On the Saturday there was a good selection of ales but by the next day, the selection had dropped from 5 to 3. A little disappointing

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Our second & last night in Clacton was spent in this pub. Welcoming Landlord and a good selection of beers. The only real pub that we found in the town.