Premier Inn Clacton-on-Sea (North / Colchester Road) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staff didn't care about the smell of cannabis coming from a room down the hall.

The pub next door where the breakfast was served smelt of raw sewage.

Staff didn't care what we had to say. Just wanted to brush it under the carpet and not try to deal with the issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Clacton-on-Sea (North / Colchester Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Reviewed 23 May 2014

lovely hotel we got a room right at the back although it took forever to get to the room from reception it was a lovely room. and we had the little duck pond. the staff here are great even the housekeeping are friendly. receptionist are great and help you with anything. would stay here again.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed for one night on business. Check in swift and easy. Room slightly dated but clean and tidy. The mattress Wasn't overly comfortable. TV very small 22 inch compared to the 40 inch at my previous nights Premier Inn. My biggest issue is that I was given a room on the ground floor opposite the car park. The room was quiet but not overly private as a transit van driver was sat in his van and could quiet easily see directly into the room. The only antidote to this was to close the curtains and loos the natural light/ warm sunshine. Probably stay again but would request a room on the 1st floor.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Spotlights over the bed did not work otherwise the condition of the suite was very good. My wife and I wre house-hunting in the area as we have family living in Frinton. We thought the Inn was ideally placed for such purposes ..

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've stayed at premier inn many times and this time was the best yet. We were greeted with a friendly smile, and a very personal touch. As usual the room was up to the high standard I've come to expect from premiere inn, although rooms at the front can be a bit noisy from boy racers and suchlike going to macdonalds. But it didn't bother me at all. Recommend this one

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was an excellent base for visiting Essex and beyond,friendly staff, good food. Only bad point you do need a car to get arround.
The location made it all worth while I will return to this hotel as it was great fr visiting friends who live in the Essex area.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff at this hotel are 'top notch'. Sue on arrival on Sunday was excellent and although she ran out of change when I was paying for breakfast as we had already pre-paid in advance (the room was only £29) presented us with a surprise the next morning.

On check out she handed over an envelope with our change in it, amounting to something like 25p, which we had totally forgotten about.

See the picture of our morning paper on Monday, my birthday. Christina the Hotel Manager obviously shares my own sense of humour, but this was a nice personal touch.

We had the best nights sleep we have had in ages as the new matress was excellent, soft and comforting. It was so good my wife joked that we should take it home. This was the hottest weekend of the year and the room was 'cooled' with the window open, the black out curtains drawn and a powerful desk top fan on full blast.

As by a total coincidence a fact that almost passed me by until I had to give our room number at breakfast was that I actually woke up in the Room number that matched my age that morning.

An excellent setting ideally located for visting both Walton and Clacton.

I would so easily recommend this excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms at the back as this is a very busy services area.