“Great Night's Stay”

The Beeches
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
“Great Night's Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked this guesthouse online for the first time for a great price and I was not disappointed! Very friendly owners, great room, lovely breakfast... just right. I had a single room which was compact but all I needed. Bed very comfortable had a good night's sleep. Tea / coffee facilities and flatscreen tv with full freeview channels. Was not en suite but had a sink which was useful. The shared showeroom & toilet was only shared with a couple of singles so was no problem. It was certainly well maintained, very clean with complementary shower gel, etc.
Great full English (would have liked mushrooms but hey-ho) owners very attentive but not intrusive.
Would certainly recommend and worth the £30 I paid.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here for one night, can't say that we were given the warmest welcome, but once the owner realised we were booked in she was lovely, gave us recommendations about where to eat and where to go.
Our room was on the ground floor and it was adequate for our needs, the bathroom was very small and in need of a facelift. Having fallen asleep I was woken up on several occasions by people trying to enter the building and then slamming doors rather than considering others.
The breakfast was cooked to order but small things like no sweeteners, only sugar available and no choice of milk on offer (although to be fair I didn't ask) & limited choice of fruit juices.
Location wise you couldn't fault this B & B, very central and you weren't bothered by the noise from the town.

Room Tip: Away from the front door would help to eliminate noise from people entering the builidng late at nig...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
mt. sterling, ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our last stop before catching our cruise ship in Harwich. We were really surprised with the warm greeting we received when we checked in. When we checked in our room, we were given another room much larger because of our luggage we brought in(no extra charge). We were given suggestions on places to eat that were in walking distance. The B&B is on a quiet street about 2 blocks from the sea. We really enjoyed walking along the park by the sea going back to the hotel after our dinner meals. We ate dinner 2 nights at the same place because the food was so good- on Tuesday night they offered Steak Club- for 15pds. you got 2 steak dinners and a bottle of good wine. Because we were to drop our rental car off in Harwich before 8am, they told us our breakfast would be ready for us when ever we wanted it. We really enjoyed our 2 nights there. The breakfast was a normal English Breakfast- was very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at the Beeches to visit family. Was very happy with accomodation as the room was clean and tidy, nicely furnished and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was tasty and the owners Liz & Barry are very gracious and helpful. Excellent customer service and a great location. Would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was only stopping for the night as I travelled from West to East and
Thought that £30 would get be a bargain basement deal and not much more...
Much to my surprises I was warmly welcomed into a clean, friendly, family run guest House in Clacton On Sea, Essex.
The Place was warm and clean and I was shown by Barry to my room which had everything I needed. After a heavy night catching up with friends and Family I trotted downstairs to a welcome smile and a massive selection of breakfast treats. I had Weetabix (3 Weetabix as 2 is not enough), toast, yogurt and a fry up of Epic proportions. nom nom nom. Washed down with Coffee and OJ I had a quick chat with the owners and headed on my way. All in all I was welcomed in, made to feel at home and sent on my way with a full tummy and a smile on my face.
was great to meet you all at the beeches.

Mick (white Van Man)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Waechtersbach, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very warm welcome from Liz, Berry and there son.They always made sure we have all that we need. The rooms were very tidy, bright and enormous - i had a single room and it was definatly enough space.
The reception area makes you feel comfortable from the very moment you step in.
In the morning when all of us went to have breakfast (and there were 7 of us)-Berry welcome each one of us with a good morning and a smile. Breakfast and services = EXCELLENT
Liz, Berry and there son truely have a amazing joyful warm hearted natur and that what makes us definatly going back there.
Again thank you for your hospitality.
With lovely greetings Rita Cox and the Sadrettin family.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed at The Beeches last bank holiday.
A very warm welcome. Lovely size room and very clean.
The bed was so cosy.
Breakfast was very tasty.
Plenty to choose from.
Fresh fruit,selection of
cereals,lovely cooked breakfast, toast and jam. Tea, coffee and fruit juices.
Really sets you up for the day.
Location is great.
Approx 5 minutes walk to the sea front.
Would definitely stay again at The Beeches.
Well done to the owners.

• Stayed May 2014