“where is the button to add more stars??”
Review of Chudleigh

Chudleigh
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I travel all the time and this may be one of the nicest places I have stayed. The attention to detail down to the qtips in the center of cotton balls just shows the amount of commitment this couple have for making your stay very comfortable. Great location, steps to the beach and pier. This was my first visit to the area, and even though it is surly a summer vacation area, even in the off season, it was a joy to explore. The rooms were great, the food was excellent and the couple who run the place are just plain excellent. If I have a meeting within in hundred miles of this place, I will most likely make the trek to stay here as I know I will get a goods nights sleep, good food and a staff to will make sure those two things happen.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank MichaelEarley

Reviewed 6 May 2011

Just about the perfect guest house. The people running this place should be consultants to the industry! Make you feel very welcome, but leave you in peace when you want privacy. When I checked in they told me I paid too much for the room (paid for 2 even though I was only 1) and without even asking contacted the agent to get some refund!! Room cosy and tidy with nice little extras. Breakfast: A La Carte, made fresh to order. Smoked salmon, poached eggs, plus all the other things you would expect, but all served with a smile and a real sense of carring.
I usually stay in hotels, but this was better than the Hilton by far and more fun!! (anyway there is no good hotel in Clapton that I know of)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed at the Chudleigh with our young daughter and felt very comfortable. The room was clean and well decorated with a nice en-suite shower room.
We had a choice at breakfast which was nice.
The location of the Chudleigh was perfect for our trip to the seaside. It was just a short walk to the pier.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2011

a truely wonderful b/b,,clean ,bright ,spacious rooms ,,and for us ,,dog freindly,,rated 4* id say it should be 5*,great breakfast selection ,and close to all amenities,,,,id defo stay there on my next visit to clacton

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

well kept very good hotel very nice bedrooms well appointed with an suite, excellent breakfeasts and as for the owners and there staff 5 star peopl we will stay there again close to shops and beach,we recieved a very warm welcome.Eileen p

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I'm not really a B&B fan - but having stayed here one night the owners are so nice and the accommodation so decent it didn't seem worth changing the next time I came! If that sounds a lukewarm recommendation it shouldn't - this is as good as B&B gets!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Stayed at chudleigh for three nights,our hosts carol and peter were fantastic from the minute we arrived.
We stayed in room 3 with en-suite all very nice and warm,bed made up everyday and tea supplies etc,great place for town centre of clacton and sea minutes away.
Breakfast was very good and filling and very tasty.Made to feel very well at home.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clacton-on-Sea
The Kingscliff Hotel
#9 of 17 in Clacton-on-Sea
Roslin Beach Hotel
Roslin Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay

Been to Chudleigh? Share your experiences!