“Absolutely loved both visits”
Review of The Lazeppe

The Lazeppe
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Epping
Description: We opened our doors to business in June 2017. Our simply aim is to bring in the great taste of Mediterranean to Epping. We are passionate and ambitious to focus on what matters the most for our guests and deliver it without a fail on every occasion.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I’m going to give a 5 star purely because I have struggled for years to find a good restaurant in Epping, one that my husband and I want to re visit and call it our little escape. We visited one Friday evening and the restaurant was packed. The waiter and waitresses were so welcoming. Food was good, I have definitely eaten better, but abroad in Greece and Italy. We re visited a few days later and we were not disappointed! Lovely service, we tell them that we want to have a few glasses of wine and chill between courses and they are really cool with that. It’s nice to sit by the big windows and watch the world go by. I have had the garlic prawns which are awesome and I have had the Shish kebabs which are delicious. To top it all off was ana awesome dessert topped off with a Baileys and it really was gorgeous. A great restaurant in total.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Lazeppe is a little gem in the heart of Epping. I’ve driven past it a number of times and finally had the chance to try it out. We sat on the outdoor decking area at the front - it was a great spot to soak up the sun and enjoy their delicious food and cocktails. We went for the Turkish grill options and were not disappointed! It was delicious. Would recommend and will be coming back

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I have been here few times and although never out of this world it’s been ok and I have always been satisfied. However on my recent visit, although service was ok I had a very poor fatty chewy steak. These things happen of course and a negative review wouldn’t be justified for that in its-self, it was the way the compliant was dealt with that was poor.

The waiter took away my plate of fat after I complained and returned a few mins later saying the chef said you should have mentioned it sooner so we could have done something about it ?? Well i did say something as soon as - the meat left was the fatty steak - how much sooner could I have said ! So rather than being offered a replacement dish or the plate of fat free of charge, I was offered a free coffee or beer and left to pay £18.90 for a plate of fat and a few chips and left to made to feel I was in the wrong !! Shame as I will not be returning just due to the way the complaint was handled.

5  Thank marinman899
Reviewed 14 June 2018

6 of us visited on Tuesday 12th June. A fantastic welcome and brilliant service throughout. The food was generous and excellent value for money. The staff, particularly the Manager, was very attentive. Will definitely recommend to family and friends and will visit again soon. Thank you!

Lazeppe M, Guest Relations Manager at The Lazeppe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear A7757IRlindap,

Thank you finding the time to write this review. It is always a pleasure to hear and read good reviews. I do have a good team and I expect all my teams to provide that service that all our customers will remember us for.

We look forward to seeing you and your friends dine with us.

Warm Regards,

Management at The Lazeppe

Reviewed 10 June 2018

A family group of 8 first visited this restaurant a year ago for my daughter's 17th birthday, it had just opened and what a complete fiasco it was, if it had been amusing I would have compared it to Fawlty Towers but it extremely expensive and awful, I would given it a terrible review, this year my daughter decided we would try it again hoping it would be better and it was, what can I say, this year there was only 6 of us and what a complete turn around it was brilliant, everything has improved 1000%.
The Service was excellent and the food was lovely.
We had a very relaxed happy evening and would recommend it, Mert and Cihan were attentive without being overly so. We eat out quite often and try go to independently run rather than chain run places and will be visiting Lazeppe again in the near future.
Thank you for a lovely evening.

Lazeppe M, Guest Relations Manager at The Lazeppe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Fiona V,

Wow, can’t believe The Lazeppe has been opened for 1 year at the end of the month, time has flown by so fast. So much has happened in a year. We have listened and spoken to customers and have made many changes. During this time we have learnt so much. Service and food is our number 1 priority and I agree, things were not great from the beginning, a lot of teething problems. I am confident and happy to say, things are much improved.

Please thank your daughter for choosing to celebrate her birthday here at The Lazeppe. I am happy and glad to hear this experience with us was much more of memorable and enjoyable one. I have a great team now and I hope we will see more of you and your family in the future.

Thank you for writing in.

Warm Regards,