Pontlands Park
US$57
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$172
Premier Inn Chelmsford City Centre Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Restaurant
US$106
US$101
The County Hotel(Chelmsford)
US$121
US$81
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Chelmsford (Boreham) Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$79
US$144
US$124
US$61
Travelodge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsafternoon teaspa facilitieswonderful weddingsandwicheswedding breakfastlovely hotellovely groundswedding receptionlounge barperfect venuechristmas dayevery member of staffstayed for one nightwaiting staffsunday lunchcouldn't faultbirthday party
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Saturday July 19th we helped to organize a wedding for a fabulous couple and their friends and family. Having worked within many hotels in the Essex area I can positively say that this was a great experience working within Pontlands Park Hotel - service was wonderful from start to finish, they made me and my team so welcome and appreciated too! The guests were well looked after and the bride & groom were so happy with the standard of the food, service and overall experience. All the guests stayed over, as did I and the rooms are beautiful, all fully refurbished and comfortable - actually didn't want to get up on Sunday morning! I will have no problem recommending this hotel to clients in the future and the staff there can be very proud of themselves........... Jonathon the Manager has great attention to detail, as do his team of waiters/waitresses, big up to Gabrielle & Jordan too, most helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for another lovely review of Pontlands Park.
It is always a pleasure to hear that my staff have worked well alongside event organisers as well as the clients and that everyone had a fantastic day.
We look forward to working with you and your team again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We got married here in July after having to postpone our original date of June. Pontlands were incredibly understanding and accommodating when we requested the change of date nothing was too much trouble and all our guests accommodation was moved to the new date. Colette in particular was excellent and so was Jonathan. Our day went beautifully and the service us and our guests received was outstanding Dan who served us was great We have had so many compliments from our guests on the venue, food and service that many are coming back for another stay! We will definitely be coming back for dinner one night soon (the steak is so good!)

Thank you pontlands for making our wedding day so special!

Room Tip: 56 is lovely and big
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent wedding and congratulations!
I am pleased we were able to accommodate the change of date to work around your situation and the team looked after you well.
I will make sure that your positive comments are passed on to all involved and we look forward to welcoming you and your guests back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel this week as a bridesmaid for my friends wedding. I can honestly say the customer service is by far the best I have received in this country. One waiter in particular Dan was fantastic. From start to finish he was exceptional. I would recommend this hotel as a wedding reception venue or just to stay for the night. The food in the restaurant was great too. Gold stars all round from me :)

• Stayed: June 2014
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park for your friends wedding.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were well looked after by the team, I will make sure that your comments are passed on to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My son recently got married and he and his wife had their reception here.
Many of the guests including my wife & I and members of our wider family and freinds stayed over.
The food and service were both excellent and everyone had a fabulous time. I would highly reccomend this place both as a wedding venue and as a hotel & resturant. The staff are all very competent and proffesional, I cannot praise them enough.
I just hope that its increasing popularity will not be its down fall as I hope to return.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your review following your son's wedding here at Pontlands Park.
I am pleased that you and all of the guests enjoyed the wedding and your stay with us and were well looked after by the team. I will make sure that they see your comments.

We work hard to maintain our high standards, no matter how busy we are and do hope you will return again soon to enjoy more of what we offer.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We recently stayed at Pontlands Park as a night away for some relaxation and could not be happier with our choice.

The check-in was friendly and quickly which meant that we was in our room within no time and we was not disappointed with the room.

We stayed in room 72 (Deluxe Room) and this was extremely spacious with all amenities including tea/coffee, flat screen TV, desk, iron, sofa etc. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and great duvet. The room was clean and in an immaculate condition.

The bathroom was very modern and very spacious again with a separate shower cubicle from the bath which gave a choice. There was also a heated towel rail, large mirror and plenty of space.

We also made use of the attached spa facilities which were perfect. The pool was of adequate size with the advantages of both indoor and outdoor choices as well as a hot tub indoor and outdoors so perfect for the weather conditions we had. There was also a good size steam room and sauna which were very good. There is also a small fitness room but we didn't use this so can't comment on this

The breakfast was beautiful. We was able to order from the menu and the food was cooked to our order so very fresh and extremely tasty. You could order as much as you like so plentiful and there was also a continental buffet that you could use with the usual choices of pastries, juices, cereals and yoghurts.

The only down side to this review was that the breakfast price was not included in the room price which is very rare on the last few trips that I have booked. Its not a major problem but for the prices that are charged then I feel that breakfast should be included.

Will definitely be visiting again and can't wait for our next trip, rest and relaxation at its best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us here at Pontlands Park.
I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and were able to get the relaxing break you were looking for, I will make sure your positive comments are passed on to the team.
With regards to breakfast inclusive rates, when booked direct with us most rates do include breakfast but those booked online via third party sites often do not, in future if you were looking for an inclusive rate it might be worth calling us or visiting our website to make your booking.

We do hope you will return next time you are looking for a relaxing escape.