The Saracens Head Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Travelodge Stansted Great Dunmow(Great Dunmow)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$109
US$97
The Swan(Thaxted)
US$87
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$124
US$88
US$71
Priceline
All reviewscar parkhoneymoon suitecoaching innbeautiful roomhuge roomyoung manfriday nighthigh streetbed was very comfortablestayed for one nightfull englishovernight staywhole experienceample parkingstansted airportfollowing morningcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I booked a meeting here this week for 22 people...they could not have done enough for me, the food was lovely. Everyone got their meals on time and hot. The service was superb from start to finish...the staff are lovely. I will use this venue again and as I don't live to far will be going back with friends.

Room Tip: Meeting room was upstairs and private
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have recently stayed here for a couple of nights and on the whole it was fine but quite noisy later in the evening when we were trying to go to sleep. The bedroom was fine - very clean with an absolutely huge bed. Breakfast was was quite nice with a good selection but found the room where we had it on the cold side. We also had a evening meal on one of the nights which was okay but thought the sausage and mash might have come with a few vegetables. At the back of the hotel there is a small marquee type place where people go to smoke. Our room overlooked this and the Saturday night especially was very noisy until well after midnight. Thought £120 per room per night was on the steep side.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie M
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've been here few times with my girlfriend. Lovely staff, great food and excellent service. We were also lucky that in one of the evenings we got to come down at the bar for a drink and there was the DJ togheter with a lovely band (a violinist and a trumpetist) entertaining the crowd! overall nice experience, highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I have to say this hotel has it all. We attended the New Years Eve dinner and party, we wanted the full package, unfortunately we couldn't stay as they were full New Years Eve but had the most amazing evening. Food was amazing, service superb and entertainment really was simply the best. A massive thank you to all for making our NYE the best. Mr Timothy Doyle your hospitality was second to none and your staff and friends really do know how to host and make the most of a fantastic product. We will be back very soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were staying with friends on Christmas Eve and went to the restaurant for dinner. It was very busy as you would expect on a Christmas Eve and the staff were helpful but there did seem to be something lacking. I would have expected christmas crackers on the table and a bit more festive cheer. The food was perfectly good although they did get my order incorrect.
I had been in the bar a couple of time before but this was the first time in the restaurant.
I think I need to go back on not such a busy night and give it another chance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends