Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the pub evening meal full english bed was very comfortable one night stay following morning an overnight stay stansted airport candy bath wedding kettle essex
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Have to say this little hotel was fantastic! From the moment I arrived I had 5 star treatment. The first night I stayed with my bridesmaids and had an amazing meal with a welcoming service. The food was outstanding. The second night I stayed with my wife and we couldn't of asked for more, our guest that also stayed throughly enjoyed the breakfast included. Lovely staff and would defiantly recommend this hotel. We only live a short distance away so will be defiantly be going back for a evening meal.

Thank you saracens head.
Louise x

Date of stay: October 2017
Sarah B, Manager at The Saracens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Hello Louise,
Thank you so much for leaving us a review, we work hard at trying to make everyone's stay something positive and memorable. To see we have achieved it means everything.
We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Very friendly and helpful check in at reception. Room clean well appointed and contained all we needed for our stay en route to Tilbury Cruise terminal. Lovely atmospheric bar and restaurant. Excellent variety of beers and gin in bar staff helpful and polite. Very good evening dining and breakfast experience.

Room tip: Rooms on ground floor can be subject to noise from guests leaving premises.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Ann04R for your kind review. We really appreciate positive feedback and our team love to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you had a great cruise back and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Regards, Sarah

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We stayed here the night before flying from Stansted early in the morning.

We were upgraded to a lovely suite on arrival which was amazing. The only shame was that it was a short stay. I would recommend to stay here. The bar downstairs was really good with plenty of choice to drink. We were treated to some live music whilst we drank at teatime Sunday.

The restaurant was very good and the menu varied. Sadly, I chose the soup with homemade bread. It came with garlic butter of which I don't like so I asked for some without. They brought me a plate with just white sliced bread from a packaged loaf. Not good. My steak too wasn't rare as asked but ate it.

I have still given a five rating due to everything else.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Jellygo for your feedback, so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your feedback onto the kitchen team.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I stayed last weekend with my sister and had a great stay.
The hotel itself is separate from the pub, (which is beautiful), it was very busy as it was carnival weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful, the building was beautiful there was a great heated courtyard for the smokers.
It is a good priced accommodation and the breakfast was great. The room we stayed in on top floor was ample sized and clean. Great Dunmow is a beautiful place I will be back before christmas.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you Moragh for leaving us a great feedback. The setup can be a little confusing because it is 15th Century building but the Hotel is actually all part of the same building, you just need to exit Reception to go in another door to enter most of the rooms. Some are easily walked to from inside Reception, we just show you which way is quicker.
We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Our room was dark and needed a good clean and all we could smell was smoke from the outside seating area.
The parking is very limited.
Our meal was OK but not really good value for money, and the bar prices seem very high too. They could also use more bar staff at busy times as the service time is far from acceptable.

It is a lovely old building with plenty of character but things need to be improved.

Wouldn't book here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Bethanyblake for your feedback, we will take on board. As you can see from the majority of the reviews we normally get it right, but I can see a couple of slip ups you have mentioned and will discuss with the team for the 100% satisfaction we aim to achieve.