“DO NOT STAY HERE- DANGEROUS”

Stansted Skyline Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Great Dunmow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place was absolutely horrendous! My friends and I ended up leaving around 11:30 pm the one night we stayed here. The management is run by only men, which is rather creepy. There were both guests and people who work there knocking on our door, wiggling our door handle, and saying suggestive things outside our windows, and outside the door, trying to get us to come out. As an all-girl group, we felt completely unsafe. We called a taxi immediately to pick us up and ended up staying the night in the airport. This place NEEDS to be shut down!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank collegetraveller2013

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is the worst place we have ever stayed, pubic hair on the wall in the bathroom, broken shower, dirty room, broken furniture, lots of road noise, advertised as having a full cooked breakfast this is a lie it was bread for toast a muffin, cheese and ham in the fridge, the ham was actually blue at one end, sadly I had paid in advance or i would have left. Also accomodation was at a shortage and as we had travelled from Scotland we had no choice but to stay there.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jennydevilz
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Anyone reading these reviews should really take note, as most are a fair review of this hotel. The rather run down condition is on par with its customer service.I'm guessing that unwitting customers come here as a last minute option when arriving late into Stansted, and have no idea what they are in for. Dirty and stale smelling air, lights not working in the corridor, a truly unpleasant stay, would consider sleeping on the floor in the airport instead.
We booked through a third party who communicated our booking to the hotel, specifically stating that the room was for two people, on arrival the hotel made us pay an extra £15 for the second person saying that only a single was booked.Mistakes happen but the way in which it was dealt with beggars belief, no sorry or offer to sort the problem out, just a manager on the end of a phone insisting on the extra payment. Please that this episode in no way influences my comments on the hotel's condition.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Graham W
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is by far the dirtiest place i have ever been to. It should most definitely be shut down. My mother and I walked through the doors after 4 hours of travelling and expected to be able to put our luggage into our rooms and them continue to our pressing meeting at the hospital. When we arrived, the smell of curry was overwhelming and it wasn't the most pleasant of smells. There was nobody behind reception just a crummy note on some scrap paper saying 'call this number for assistance', when we did the man on the phone could barely speak a word of English and what i got from the conversation was that he expected me to pick one of three keys that he had left on the side and to go to a room. This was terrible, i said i would wait to meet him, he never showed. We left and thankfully decided not to stay there! This place is terrible, how it is even allowed to run i am astounded. Rude, unprofessional, filthy, messy and all round disgusting. Do NOT stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Amy221993
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Had the unfortunate luck of having to stay here for 4 weeks. As I'm self employed I could not afford expensive hotels so had to opt for the cheaper alternative. The staff are very hard to understand as their English is not at all very good. Communication for booking a room on a weekly basis was a task on its own. I felt a bit like Basil Faulty talking to Manuel!
There is an aroma of curry throughout the hotel day & night due to the fact it is also an Indian restaurant, the food is also not very good either! Living in Birmingham I know a good curry and that place ain't one of them! We stayed in room14 which was away from the kitchens which I was told were noisy till the early hours however the heating in our room was on full whack all the time so we had the windows open day and night so we could breathe!
You are 2 miles from the nearest town so unless you drive you have a 4 mile trip to get any food from Great Dunmow. Taxis are at a premium and so are the fares!
I met loads of families/couples who stayed here before going on holiday. Well the look on there poor faces. I just kept thinking what a poor start to any bodies holiday!
Anyway as I say you get what you pay for. It was cheap and the accommodation was poor. If you are looking for a good night sleep look elsewhere, or get drunk before you hit the sack!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank TobbieLarone
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I booked this hotel as it looked tidy in its photos and cost was very reasonable - biggest mistake i have ever made.
Iv worked away from home in various hotels and this is the worse iv ever stayed in, no staff on reception and the guy that did eventually turn up could hardly speak English and couldn take my cash quick enough.
I stayed in room 8, it had 2 small ceiling lights that was dim, toilet was stinking dirty and in the 6 nights nobody went into my room, i even had to empty the bin and buy Toilet roll as there was nodody around to complain to. Towels was grey and in the 6 nights i slept on top of the bed as it was crawling. There is no wifi at this hotel and if any EHO's read this review please pay them a visit as they are not the cleanest of people.

THIS IS NOT A HOTEL TO STAY AT AND AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS.

If you want to stay in this area, there is a Travel lodge 2min away thats cheaper and spotless and free wifi in its lovely well stocked cafe.

The best thing this hotel can do is lock it doors and leave the rats stay there, if they can put up with the noise and stench.

Room Tip: Stay at the Travel lodge rooms - No rooms at this hotel are good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Htc77
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Was lucky enough to get room 4a haha over the kitchens. It stank of cooking spices was noisy until well after midnight. Shower head fell off the wall and ceiling spot light had been stuck in with cellotape which had melted and began to smoke when turned on. This place should be closed down. If rating stars had a zero that's what I wouldhave scored it

• Stayed: May 2013