“Hovel!!”

Stansted Skyline Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Great Dunmow B&B and Inns
“Hovel!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

A filthy smelly hovel, I didn't dare shower, had to wait till I got home. Unfriendly and uneducated staff, total chaos, never never again!!!
The continental breakfast was bread wrapped in cling film and a couple of apples, I fled at this point. So glad to be home..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed for a few days for work in the area, only needing a bed for a few hours a night. The hotel was cheap so I wasn't expecting luxury. Let just say it wasn't cheap enough. No matter how dilapidated a hotel is there is no excuse for filth. Anyway, following this grim stay, I found that they had taken additional money from my account. They ignored all my calls and emails, every call assuring me someone would call me back. Anyway, after a few weeks of angry emails with the booking agent and sending bank statements and receipts. I got my money back. Avoid at all costs!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Dom M

Travellers are raving about these Great Dunmow hotels

Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Made a huge mistake booking here without reading reviews, pic looked ok. Indian restaurant with appalling quality rooms and customer service, daren't eat breakfast, everything just awful will never return or recommend

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank 11andme
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Arrive on 16th oct 1 night stay before our flight first thing on the 17th this was booked through Thomas cook I really don't no how they can recommend this to anybody I wouldn't leave my dog in it for a night. It was freezing we sat in our coats, room and bed was like sleeping in a garden shed, we was told that we would get a coach transfer to the airport for a fee of £6pp which is in black and white, the manager charged me £20 cash and took me my partner and my 2 year old daughter in his own car which is totally illegal he had no taxi plates on the car no Id badge some non of my party was insured this is not the end of my complaint it's going more into detail please do not book this hotel pay a little more and go some where else.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Benw198
Fritton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed one night before our flight from Stansted, and that was one night too many. This is not a hotel it is an overpriced dump AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS especially as you can stay on a special deal at the glorious Down Hall Hotel for about £12 more.
I will never set foot in this awful place again.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Archer333
Regensburg, Germany
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place was absolutely horrendous! My friends and I ended up leaving around 11:30 pm the one night we stayed here. The management is run by only men, which is rather creepy. There were both guests and people who work there knocking on our door, wiggling our door handle, and saying suggestive things outside our windows, and outside the door, trying to get us to come out. As an all-girl group, we felt completely unsafe. We called a taxi immediately to pick us up and ended up staying the night in the airport. This place NEEDS to be shut down!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank collegetraveller2013
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is the worst place we have ever stayed, pubic hair on the wall in the bathroom, broken shower, dirty room, broken furniture, lots of road noise, advertised as having a full cooked breakfast this is a lie it was bread for toast a muffin, cheese and ham in the fridge, the ham was actually blue at one end, sadly I had paid in advance or i would have left. Also accomodation was at a shortage and as we had travelled from Scotland we had no choice but to stay there.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple