Stansted Skyline Hotel
US$105
Travelodge Stansted Great Dunmow(Great Dunmow)(Great Value!)
US$60
The Swan(Thaxted)
US$83
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The only good thing about the hotel was the pleasant and helpful manager. He was extremely helpful and nice, but the rooms were terrible and unfortunaly I had to stay there for 5 nights! The first room that we had was infested with baby spiders it was room 16 on the ground floor and there was about 50 baby spiders I had to kill at first just around the broken light on the ceiling. There were cobwebs everywhere and as soon as you killed all the spiders you could see another 10-20 appeared in that place. We complained the next day and were given another room which we stayed in for the next 4 nights. It was room 8 on the first floor and the first thing I noticed before we even entered the room that the number 8 on the door was upside down not that that matters but it was a sign that they didn't even care about changing it to the right way round so that means that they wouldn't care about the condition of their rooms. We went in and the bed wasn't even clean, the shower was dirty, the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned before and the sink was coming off the wall. There we're plug sockets on their hinges, cob webs all over the ceiling, a bulb missing from one of the lamps. Wifi doesn't work, floor had dirt patches, dodgy lighting in the bathroom, chair leg broken, bed was rock solid. Unfortunately you get what you pay for, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014

A filthy smelly hovel, I didn't dare shower, had to wait till I got home. Unfriendly and uneducated staff, total chaos, never never again!!!
The continental breakfast was bread wrapped in cling film and a couple of apples, I fled at this point. So glad to be home..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed for a few days for work in the area, only needing a bed for a few hours a night. The hotel was cheap so I wasn't expecting luxury. Let just say it wasn't cheap enough. No matter how dilapidated a hotel is there is no excuse for filth. Anyway, following this grim stay, I found that they had taken additional money from my account. They ignored all my calls and emails, every call assuring me someone would call me back. Anyway, after a few weeks of angry emails with the booking agent and sending bank statements and receipts. I got my money back. Avoid at all costs!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Dom M
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Made a huge mistake booking here without reading reviews, pic looked ok. Indian restaurant with appalling quality rooms and customer service, daren't eat breakfast, everything just awful will never return or recommend

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank 11andme
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Arrive on 16th oct 1 night stay before our flight first thing on the 17th this was booked through Thomas cook I really don't no how they can recommend this to anybody I wouldn't leave my dog in it for a night. It was freezing we sat in our coats, room and bed was like sleeping in a garden shed, we was told that we would get a coach transfer to the airport for a fee of £6pp which is in black and white, the manager charged me £20 cash and took me my partner and my 2 year old daughter in his own car which is totally illegal he had no taxi plates on the car no Id badge some non of my party was insured this is not the end of my complaint it's going more into detail please do not book this hotel pay a little more and go some where else.

• Stayed: October 2013