“Excellent food, Nice Atmosphere, Reasonably Priced.”
Review of Bel Piatto - CLOSED

Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: For moreish, home-cooked Italian cuisine in chic surroundings, look no further than Bel Piatto ��� a stylish, family-run restaurant in Great Dunmow, Essex. Located on the High Street, Bel Piatto is a discreet and elegant dining destination and the restaurant is a hit with local gourmands. Decorated in warm cream and honey tones with chocolate brown leather banquettes and wooden furniture, this is a perfect place for business meetings, lunch dates, and romantic evening meals. Husband and wife team John and Caroline Juniper have done an outstanding job with this bustling new addition to the Great Dunmow dining scene, and the restaurant also serves traditional roasts every Sunday.
Essex England
“Excellent food, Nice Atmosphere, Reasonably Priced.”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Went here last Saturday http://www.belpiatto.co.uk/ was a very pleasant meal and staff very good.

Recommend the Garlic Bread and the Pate and the pasta with prawns with a hint of chilli.

Wine also good had the Sancerre

Did note that for a change at Lunchtime they do Pie n Mash :)

Will return

• Visited January 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place poor food”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Have been to the angel and harp a few times for a drink and lived the atmoshere and relaxed vibe . Now I will never eat there again been twice , do not I repeat do not have the squid starter which is only £5 cheap I know but for 5 small rings of squid was a joke , when I politely said to the waitress it's a very small portion she said "that's the portion" and I said yes but it is small a pound a ring she just said in a more disgruntled voice that's the portion " so I gave up as I know a bag of frozen squid tubes costs no more than £4 a kilo less than 30p a tube it's nothing short of taking the p..s , main course pizza was average at best , my next visit didn't fair much better always like to give places a second chance ( wish I hadn't bothered ) olive and cold Italian meats and breads looked nice enough but giving vegetable oil instead of extra virgin olive oil is a disgrace !!! Made a reservation elsewhere and paid my bill , go for a drink and enjoy eat elsewhere !!

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Great for a quick good meal.”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Visited one cold night in Jan, we needed heating up as our heating had packed up. Bad choice, it was just as cold in the resturant, we sat in our coats.
The food was ok, if fact quite tasty and the wine list was good and great value, also good choice of music, it was very quiet as you would have expected, the manageress was very attentive and made us very welcome, we would go back, definately.
The atmosphere was pleasent and we left saying we would return.

• Visited January 2011
“Poor Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My husband went to this restaurant. We were looking forward to it as a number of local friends had recommended. We were very disappointed. The portions were very small. I ordered a salad for main course which. Wad bought up and then whisked away again by our waitress because my husbands pasta wasn't ready! The waitress then cleared the table next to us. We were appaulled when we saw her put wine glasses rim down on the floor while she wiped the table and then put them back on the table. Needless to say we won't be going here again.

“Fabulous venue, friendly service, great...”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Fabulous venue, friendly service, great atmosphere. Anything we asked, they delivered: be that music volume, jugs of water or a bit of banter! My dish was pipping hot and outstanding quality. We had portions to fill ya belly and fabulous wines.... Have been back time and time again! Wonderful!!!