“Superb Italian Food......Delicious”

Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: For moreish, home-cooked Italian cuisine in chic surroundings, look no further than Bel Piatto ��� a stylish, family-run restaurant in Great Dunmow, Essex. Located on the High Street, Bel Piatto is a discreet and elegant dining destination and the restaurant is a hit with local gourmands. Decorated in warm cream and honey tones with chocolate brown leather banquettes and wooden furniture, this is a perfect place for business meetings, lunch dates, and romantic evening meals. Husband and wife team John and Caroline Juniper have done an outstanding job with this bustling new addition to the Great Dunmow dining scene, and the restaurant also serves traditional roasts every Sunday.
essex
“Superb Italian Food......Delicious”
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I have been to this restaurant on a number of occasions now and it is definitely the best in the surrounding area. Nicely decorated, fresh and modern the food has always been very good. Lunchtime specials are very reasonable. I recently went for a friend's birthday....all 8 of us were very pleased with our meals and all have returned since. The Veal Milanese is superb but my favourite has to be the Skate Special.....the fish was perfectly cooked and a very generous portion.

Always busy when I have been there, service has been great. Good for a casual dinner but also a special one too, I have even picked up a takeaway pizza on the way home from work a couple times!!!....I will continually recommend it to my friends.

UK
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My Husband & I visited Bel Piatto for lunch & was very pleased with the service & Food was Excellent. for a small village this has west end taste. Well done Dunmow needed this very much. Look forward to coming back on the 15th August for my Anniversary.

GT Dunmow
“Very dissapointed!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2010

My partner and I visited this restaurant a couple of months ago and were initially impressed with the cosy entrance area.

However, the main seating area was very noisy - ver bad acoustics, some fabrics and/or curtains please.

As to food, I ordered a Fish Stew and was extremely dissapointed. A few prawns and mussels, but the rest of it was a spiced tomato soup with fragments of fish. As to dessert, both my partner and I ordered Chocooate Brownie" but this turned out to be quite un-appetising - I left a large proportion of this.

Had high hopes for this place as the main catering staff are ex a local Gastro pub where the food quality is excellent.

Watch out for the new "Angel & Harp" near the church - that will be proper meditterian food.

London
“MMMM Delicious”
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I went there for lunch and though the food was excellant as was the service, would highly recommend the Risotto !!! Will be going back very soon.....

uk
“Very average food. All dishes luke warm...”
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Very average food. All dishes luke warm not hot with very small portions! A great shame as it seems the potential is there.