“Amazing food!”

Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Great Dunmow
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Green Man at Lindsell is celebrating its second succesful year under the present management and we are pleased to welcome both old and new customers. In our cosy bar we have retained the buildings original features and given it a fresh contemporary edge where we welcome both drinkers and diners alike and our tables are available on a 'first come' basis offering an extensive range of dishes from salads, sharing planks to wholesome pub classics. Our 70 seat a la carte restaurant to the rear of the property is also not to be missed, with crisp white linen, delicious food and an extensive wine list making it the ideal place for lunch, dinner or any other special occasions. Bookings are welcome and recommended. We also have a large terrace area and extensive garden to dine alfresco or enjoy a champagne cocktail. We welcome families and have plenty of space for children to play. So come on in and take a look around and we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited on a Saturday night.

Great food! Nice atmosphere! And actually not that expensive considering the quality of the food.

I actually don’t understand why some people are complaining about the price of food here!

Highly recommended, especially the scallop risotto and sticky toffee pudding! Yum!!

We will be back!

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Visited the green man on Saturday with friends dinner was really good, staff & service were excellent, the Govener was really friendly, they didn’t rush us at all
Had a fantastic night will definitely be returning

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited The Green man on many occasions and decided to treat my girlfriend to a romantic meal Saturday night. To start I had the duck and foi gras terrine which was tasteless and was served with a Wafer thin slice of ‘charred’ brioche and the Mrs had the squid which was dry and over cooked. After a disappointing starter we waited another 45 mins for our main courses which I thought was a bit excessive as we had both ordered liver and bacon. When our food had finally arrived my liver was over cooked and the mash potatoes were oily, grease was shining off of it! After complaining i waited a further 10 minutes for it to be recooked whilst my girlfriend was left eating her food. By the time my food was re cooked she had finished her food. After bringing this to the managers attention he shrugged off my complaint. I am certain to say I shall not be returning!

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Second visit in a month and another fabulous meal only wish you was in walking distance. Scott and his staff amazing,food fantastic and atmosphere superb.
In the words of Arnie I'll be back

Reviewed 8 November 2018

In the past 3 months I have eaten at this restaurant 3 times.
The first was checking it out as a venue for a celebratory meal, dinner for 2, midweek.
The second was the celebratory meal, dinner for 19, Saturday.
The third was lunch for 4, midweek.
Each time I can honestly say the meals and service was excellent.
All my guests were very impressed with the decor and ambiance.
They have two menus to choose from Pub Classics and main.
Both menus have a very good choice. This was especially useful for my large party with their different tastes.
My best recommendation is I am trying to work out how to go next month!