“Turkish restaurant in Hornchurch”
Review of Alasya Turkish Restaurant - CLOSED

Alasya Turkish Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Alasya offers you a warm welcome that is accustomed in Turkish culture with our friendly and relaxing ambience. Perfect to host your special event or simply enjoy a meal. Come and experience the flavours of our extensive menu full of delicious choices. All prepared by our skilled chefs with the finest and freshest ingredients.We pride ourselves on only using the finest and freshest ingredients to prepare our dishes, coupled with authentic cooking techniques over real oak charcoal keeping true to the originators of the World Class Turkish Cuisine. We also have great live entertainment on;Fridays - Belly DancersSaturdays - Live Turkish & English Music
London, United Kingdom
“Turkish restaurant in Hornchurch”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is the posher Turkish restaurant on this side of town. We visited on a Friday and I understand there is entertainment on a Saturday.
Parking was easy as there was plenty of room at the back of the restaurant either in the street or in the car park.
The food was great and I can specially recommend the shared hot starters platter. It was delicious.
My main meal was tasty, but I think I made a mistake as it got a bit samey and it was a slog to finish it. Others really enjoyed their food.
The wine was reasonable at about £15 a bottle and although we drank loads the final bill was still very reasonable.
I hope we didn't spoil the evening for other people as we got a bit loud and there were twelve of us.
The service was excellent and our waiter was very helpful.
We have enjoyed other Turkish food in Hornchurch recently but this was without the smoke and with more elegance.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank John J

London, United Kingdom
“Just awful”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Firstly, we called on Sunday
evening at around 6.30pm for a table using a tastecard as it said on tastecard website that the only nights it wasn't accepted were Fri & Sat. The waiter said that they didn't accept it on a Sunday but I told him it didn't say this online & he agreed to take it. We arrived at 7pm. The restaurant wasn't full yet we waited 20 mins before we were given a menu. Waited a further 15 mins before waiter came back to take our order. We had young children with us & had just been in Queens hospital all day with our son with an injured knee, hence the reason we decided to eat out as didn't have time to go home & cook. We explained this to the waiter when we arrived & he just looked at us like we were speaking double Dutch! We waited 40 mins for starters & kids meals. Kids were sleeping by the time their food arrived & had to wake them, which was just awful. They barely ate. The homemade bread was lovely & we enjoyed that with the dips. The food was disgraceful. Rice was overcooked & almost had the consistency of mash potato. Lamb shish was so overcooked had to send it back! When they brought it back out they used the same plate that the original meat had been on with soggy salad on. It was 10pm by this point and we just wanted to leave. We couldn't even finish our mains. The waiter had the most awful attitude. The bill was £50, which considering the tastecard got us 50% off the 2 adult meals, was very expensive & we were completely unfulfilled.

3 Thank Danielle777
“Excellent food with generous portions.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Went for a quiet meal one evening and thoroughly enjoyed the excellent food.
The restaurant was quiet and is informal and lacking in any atmosphere.
The service was average, not particularly quick or attentive and no interest shown by the servers but a very warm farewell on departure.
The food was excellent, we had falafel and mucver to start both seemed freshly prepared and were very tasty.
The mains were very generous portions and again hot and fresh. I had an excellent lamb iksender which I thoroughly enjoyed but unfortunately could not finish.
Well priced and they are very accepting of your using your tastecard rather than be obstructive as most places seem to be.

1 Thank Gareth D
“I really do not understand how anyone with taste would not enjoy this restaurant”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have eaten here many times and it by far surpasses the other Turkish in the town. The food has always been first class.

2 Thank John0612
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible meal but great bread!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We eat out at Turkish restaurants a lot! The Wood Oven in South Woodford and Sheesh in Chigwell are among my favourite places to eat. Thought we'd try Alasya as its closer to our house and what a mistake it was! We should have driven the 25 mins to South Woodford where I could enjoy my meal and pay half the price! The hot mixed mezze was a disgrace at £15, it was tiny and full of deep fried food! My lamb shish was overcooked, dry and almost tasted like burnt liver! My wife's kofte was full of fat and grisly bits as hard as stones! She was having to spit most of it out, not pleasant at all! Avoid! The nicest part of our meal was the homemade bread and dips at the start and the cold beer!

1 Thank Alan J